Tethered Sync

Hello Daniel,

It's more than just a "connection" we actually have a system that handles true "synchronization" of data. Many things look simple because we make them simple to use by there is a lot more behind the scenes than meets the eye. Just like our schedule importer, it may just be "one web page" to the user, but it's an extensive system of services, code, database, etc.

Options sometimes is not better, it lends to confusion. Apple takes away options so things are simple and easy to use. We have to balance complexity with functionality so you don't have to read a manual to figure something out but we want to make sure it works.

Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to sync via cable and we hear of nightmares with other apps trying to "pair" via Wi-Fi networks, etc. Ours is just tap and sync - you're done.

Thank you for your feedback.

Not Quite...

I'll respectfully disagree.

What you have done is limited your customers while attempting to create a steady income stream. Synchronization of data is great, for customers who want to pay for it.

Saying that Apple is the limiting factor here simply is not true. There are many workarounds, such as a logbook file upload, or a logbook file email attachment, Google document upload, or simply a logbook file export to a file for Dropbox. Several other Apple apps allow these types of options.

There are other ways as well, such as bluetooth sync, which Logten Pro allows.

For the most part I like the software, but I believe following the cable company business model of requiring multiple subscription income streams is distasteful. Your company does not even provide the user the option to purchase the iPhone app software outright--a very expensive App and PC combo--and not be roped into subscription-based services. For these reasons, I'll be supporting LogTen Pro in the future unless Logbook Pro decides to offer the same services.

Thank you,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

It's more than just a "connection" we actually have a system that handles true "synchronization" of data. Many things look simple because we make them simple to use by there is a lot more behind the scenes than meets the eye. Just like our schedule importer, it may just be "one web page" to the user, but it's an extensive system of services, code, database, etc.

Options sometimes is not better, it lends to confusion. Apple takes away options so things are simple and easy to use. We have to balance complexity with functionality so you don't have to read a manual to figure something out but we want to make sure it works.

Apple doesn't allow 3rd party apps to sync via cable and we hear of nightmares with other apps trying to "pair" via Wi-Fi networks, etc. Ours is just tap and sync - you're done.

Thank you for your feedback.

Back