• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL version 9.3 now on the Apple App Store. Click here to review what's new and download the latest version. New users enjoy the first 90 DAYS FREE.

Transferring Data

Timothy Rowe

I have an old version of Aerolog which uses .DBF files. Can this format be exported to Excel? I do not understand how to do this.

Also, If I am unable to export these files, can I add my total times to Log Pro? How would I go about doing this?

Thank you,
Tim Rowe

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Hi Tim,

You should be able to open a DBF in Excel. If you can get your data in a layout similar to the Spreadsheet Style layout you can then save it as a TAB delimited text file and then use the Import Wizard. Five columns are required for an import: Date, Type, Ident, Route, and Duration (or Flt Sim). If you cannot get this to work, ZIP compress your data file (www.winzip.com) and e-mail support@nc-software.com your ZIP file for review.

As for doing a mass transfer, please review this article for more information on this topic. It's essentially the same as transferring from a paper logbook.