treo 650 doesn't want to sync anymore

flyingwizard

i get a error no everytime i try and sync my treo 650 and no data will transfer

here is the error i recieve. any help would be appreciated
-Thanks
Synchronizing NCSoftware
- PDAAircraft database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDAAircraft' exists on the PC at the DSN ' 8vð8v'.
- PDACertificates database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDACertificates' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDACustom database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDACustom' exists on the PC at the DSN '0:v€:v'.
- PDADupTimes database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDADupTimes' exists on the PC at the DSN ' ;vp;v'.
- PDAEventExpiration database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDAEventExpiration' exists on the PC at the DSN '<v`<v'.
- PDAHistory database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDAHistory' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDALogbook database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDALogbook' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDARatings database
Error 8038: Cannot open host table 'PDARatings' at DSN 'NCSoftware'.
- PDAUserData database
Error 8014: The PC is set to overwrite the handheld, but no table named 'PDAUserData' exists on the PC at the DSN 'Ð?v @v'.
- tblPalmCurrency database
- tblPalmLookback database
- tblPalmStats database
- tblPalmSummaryBar database
Errors encountered while synchronizing NCSoftware
Conduit 'NCSoftware' Error: Unknown error. (65535)

Hello,

It looks like your User DSN entry (and possibly registry) on your computer is corrupt. Go into the ODBC 32 area of Start...Control Panel...Administrative Tools and if you see an entry named "NCSoftware" in the User DSN tab, delete it. Start and close Logbook Pro and it should recreate it, see if that resolves your issue. You may also need to uninstall and reinstall the Logbook Pro Palm Companion software, you can do so by following this KB article. Lastly, if you are trying to sync with a Professional Edition "clone" realize Logbook Pro PDA Companions cannot sync to clone files, only "master" files. If this is gibberish to you, then disregard, you're not using clones.

You should know which computer is using your clone data file. If you need to you can open the Help...About Logbook Pro dialog and the data file being used is indicated at the bottom. If the file name has "_clone.lbk" in it then it's the clone.

What concerns me is that you have strange characters in your log information.

DSN ' 8vð8v'.

This should be DSN NCSoftware

This indicates most likely a corrupt registry unfortunately. Removing the entry as described above may fix it for you.

Back