Treo Smartphones

hokiepilot

I know this issue is being beat to death, but before I make MY investment in a TREO type phone, i wanted to ask. I just read the news letter last night, and it states that any phone with stylus screen interaction would be supported. Does that mean that the Treo with a Windows platform will successfully run the the pocket PC version of APDL???? OR is it only the Treo with Palm OS. I believe the windows OS is the Windows Mobile 5.0 for the TREO. I know the Moto Q is not supported... no screen interaction. Want to make a purchase today and need to know for sure what I can and cannot expect. Secondly, if I switch from using my HP IPAQ pda, which runs pocket PC, to a Treo with the mobile 5.0, do I need a new registration? What if I switch to the Palm version instead... I hear it is more stable. True / false?? Please help with your inputs / experiences.

Does that mean that the Treo with a Windows platform will successfully run the the pocket PC version of APDL????

Absolutely! We support ALL Treo's with all of our PDA software products. If you move from one PPC device to another you can use your same PPC registration code so long as you comply with the end-user license agreement which means you can run one device per license. In other words, remove the software from the old device when moving to a new device.

Enjoy your new Treo 700w! It works great, as does the 700p, 650, etc.

Does it work on the Treo 700w WITHOUT the horizontal scrollbar???? I find it very difficult to use with that horizonatal scroll bar--enough that I don't like to use it at all. Any update?

Jeremy Ridout

Jeremy,

The Treo 700w (Windows Mobile Treo's) have a very small screen (240px by 240px) and will require the horizontal scrollbar at times. The Treo 700p on the other hand has a high resolution screen and will not have this problem.

Back