Unable to get logbook to Sync between 2 computers

tbed

I have Logbook Pro on 2 computers.

Mainly use home, but lately been taking laptop and updating on that.

They share the same file. File is saved in a dropbox folder that is updated whenever a change occurs.

EX:

Save file on home computer. Time 10:30pm.

Go to laptop, open file from dropbox, even shows Modified: XXX date 10:30 pm

Open it on laptop, and it is missing past 3 months. Go to PC, no issues, full logbook.

Any ideas whats going on?

I have a similar workflow. I've always been cautious to make sure my sync software fully syncs, I THEN make sure I close down the sync software to ensure there isn't any corruption or in your case missing entries somehow someway. I then open sync on the other computer, let it do its thing and close it out. Finally, I open LBP. I haven't had any issues with this system.

I have a similar workflow. I've always been cautious to make sure my sync software fully syncs, I THEN make sure I close down the sync software to ensure there isn't any corruption or in your case missing entries somehow someway. I then open sync on the other computer, let it do its thing and close it out. Finally, I open LBP. I haven't had any issues with this system.

Can you explain this better?

Computer A -
Make sure Dropbox is not running!
Run LBP
Exit LBP
Run Dropbox, let it sync
Exit Dropbox

Computer B -
Run Dropbox, let it sync
Exit Dropbox
Open LBP

Storing a .lbk file in Dropbox is NOT recommended! It can/will corrupt your file. The method by diedrich is circumventing the auto update feature of Dropbox which is probably the only reason he hasn’t had an issue, but it only takes once to forget to disable Dropbox first...

Disclosure: I do not use Dropbox for fear of corruption. I use software called Resilio Sync to sync files to my home server.

Back