Ver 2 and Airline Pilots...

scotts

Hi Ya'll

I posted this a few days ago on the LBP wish list section.

I've been using LBP since Sept '98 and like it more every year.

I have a few suggestions for those of us who are Part 121 aviators. I picked this up off of the airlinelogbook.net site. Apparently they have a logbook and service for the Palm that allows download of various airlines monthly bid packets. They also boast the following features:

'Track Scheduled and Actual Flight Times in Zulu, Local, or Domicile time zones. Organize Aircraft, Crew changes, Delay and Mechanical Information for each flight.
Calculate FAR 121 duty limitations and evaluate FAR 121 rest requirements.
Manage your Monthly Schedule and Datebook from your Palm Pilot.
Alerts for duty, rest, and contractual limitations including an Alarm Clock to keep you on-time.
Easy to use, online Schedule Importer, HotSync your airline's trip pairings from PDF bidline files, company website, or the internet to your Palm Pilot (see supported airlines).
Analyze your Payroll, Flight Time, Expenses, and On-Time Performance for any date range.
Keep track of your actual expenses. Calculate CONUS/OCONUS and IRS ME&I rates to evaluate the best deduction for your expenses.'

If there is some way to incorporate some of these features into the Palm and PPC version of LBP I think you would find many more happy campers in the Pt. 121 community!

I think the following features are especially attractive: Calculate FAR 121 duty limitations and evaluate FAR 121 rest requirements.
Manage your Monthly Schedule and Datebook from your Palm Pilot.
Alerts for duty, rest, and contractual limitations...

So, what do you think? How many of these functions can currently be adapted from LBP? How many can be accessed from a Palm or PPC? I personally own an Ipaq 3955 PPC and am just getting started with the LBP companion. I would definately pay an extra fee to get these features!

Thanks!

Scott
Ipaq 3955 PPC

Back