Time calculation

I am syncing by leg.

Apparently it's this "duration value" that is being passed that is wrong. It should match the duration calculated by APDL according to the time chart. It may not be a bug per se, since apparently it is working as the design intended, but the design is flawed and should be fixed. Fast.

Last edited:
No. The problem still exists. After I sync APDL to LBP I have to double check the times to make sure they are correct. Example: 12 min still being logged in LBP as .1 or .3 every now and again.

No, there have been no software updates that provide a new time scale system, we will approach this feature request with the next version of Logbook Pro now in development.

This is not a feature request. This is a critical bug. Your application's primary function is to import and store numbers. IT DOESN'T DO THIS CORRECTLY. Everything else that it does is a feature. Your program is fundementally broken, and a serious pain in the ass to use. That this bug has gone ignored for so long borders on criminal. If your application was free, I wouldn't complain, but I paid you hard earned money for it, and you don't even acknowledge that it's broken!

Hello,

I appreciate your feedback but I respectfully disagree. APDL is a separate product from Logbook Pro. APDL was acquired from another company and we are continuing to merge the two brands. We offer a system to bring in your APDL data to Logbook Pro, however, Logbook Pro uses a different time scale and you should align your APDL time scale as close as possible until we offer a customizable time scale in the next version of Logbook Pro due out in a few months.

It is your choice as to what software programs you want to use if any at all. We will continue to strive to improve our software and listen to customer feedback, however, it is ultimately your choice to stay or go. In a few more months when the next version of Logbook Pro releases, this issue will be handled.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Hello,

I appreciate your feedback but I respectfully disagree. APDL is a separate product from Logbook Pro. APDL was acquired from another company and we are continuing to merge the two brands. We offer a system to bring in your APDL data to Logbook Pro, however, Logbook Pro uses a different time scale and you should align your APDL time scale as close as possible until we offer a customizable time scale in the next version of Logbook Pro due out in a few months.

It is your choice as to what software programs you want to use if any at all. We will continue to strive to improve our software and listen to customer feedback, however, it is ultimately your choice to stay or go. In a few more months when the next version of Logbook Pro releases, this issue will be handled.

Thank you again for your feedback.

You've had ADPL for what, three years? More? That isn't enough time to make something as trivial as importing time work right? You haven't put out an update for coming up on two years now. You are not continuing to merge them, at least not in any meaningful way.

It is my choice to pick software. I won't be buying any more of yours, you obviously don't give a damn about your customers.

So, in this upcoming update to APDL/LBP, is this problem fixed? If it is I might consider using it again. If not, using it wastes too much of my time.

Ralgha,

You continue to complain but yet have never submitted a help ticket. I have looked into what you are saying but have never been able to duplicate your problem.

You need to submit a help ticket and provide me with all your APDL files, registered name and unlock code in the HELP TICKET NOT THE MESSAGE BOARD. Also please attach a copy of your most current Logbook Pro backup file and give specifics of the date and flights this error occurred on and I will attemp again try and duplicate your issue.

If you do not know where to find your APDL file let me know in your help ticket and I will send you futher directions there.

So, in this upcoming update to APDL/LBP, is this problem fixed? If it is I might consider using it again. If not, using it wastes too much of my time.

Kevin,

We'd like to help you and help others if in fact there is a problem. Please copy all files from your Pocket PC's /My Documents/APDL folder to your PC (Using Windows Explorer) and then zip compress these files into a single ZIP file. Send the zip file to support@nc-software.com and tell us the details of the problem so we can investigate. We expect to release the next update to APDL the end of the month so if you want this issue resolved, we need your report ASAP.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to investigate this issue.

Back