Flights Re-Appear After Being Deleted

PilotFlying

Hi Neal,

This has happened on several occasions now. At first I thought I had forgotten to delete synced flights from the app, despite making a habit of doing so every time I open and update Logbook Pro on the PC; however, it just happened again, so now I know I'm not crazy. Furthermore, upon re-deleting the flights in question (which appear greyed-out as having been synced - and they have), shutting down the app, and re-starting it, they appeared yet again! I repeated the deletion, and they now appear to be gone for good.

I do NOT have the app set to purge synced data (prefer to do it manually upon updating PC Edition), and all flights that have re-appeared did not duplicate on the PC version. It is simply a nuisance problem.

Have you come across this problem before?

Cheers,

Chris

:cool:

Chris,

Thanks for the feedback, no other reports of this at all. In fact there have been NO bug reports at all on 2.0 so it's been a great release thus far! I'm working on 2.0.1 now and I'll look into this. It sounds like a commit to database is not being called somehow. Can you reproduce it, in other words are there any steps you can tell me to take that will in fact show the issue?

I assume you are deleting synced flights?

Are you deleting them by a swipe and delete on an individual flight? Are you deleting them from the purge (trash) button? If so are you using the button in the Flights area or on the Home Screen? Are you selecting the Purge Synced option when you press a purge button? Any details you can tell me to pin down exactly what delete operation you're using, if it can be reproduced, etc. will help immensely.

Thank you.

Hi Neal,

Sorry for the delay. Spent the day taking some lucky vacationers to Antigua. Instead, I get to come back to -20C (-4F) in Toronto!!!

Unfortunately I haven't found any unique circumstances that reproduce the issue. All I know is I saw it repeat several times in a row. Since then, no problems. I always delete the flights using the trash button on the flights screen, and choose 'delete all flights' (since I do it after they are all synced anyway). That's how I always do it, so I haven't seen the issue arise any other way. I should emphasize, this is a rare occurrence (only seen it 3 or 4 times). In each instance of the problem, the flights initially appeared to be deleted, until exiting/re-entering the app.

I was wondering, could it be related to any setting on the PC side? The sequence of syncing the PC and deleting the flights?

I'll let you know if I find any patterns. In all other ways the app is working flawlessly!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

The PC side should have nothing to do with Flights on the device. DATA is a one way sync from device to PC. It sounds like a save operation wasn't completing after your deletion, I'll investigate it. Every update gets a complete code review and optimization check so I'll be sure to look into this with the 2.0.1 update in development now.

Keep warm!

Hi Neal,

Just to give you an update, I have not seen this issue again since my first post. I guess it's possible it was just an isolated incident...?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

I'm glad it hasn't resurfaced for you. I did actually find a situation where it could occur. It is resolved in the 2.1 update which I'm wrapping up now. I originally called it 2.0.1 but it's such a significant update with lots of new goodies that I gave it more "version" with a 2.1 stamp. About a day left in development then testing time and then it will be pushed to the App Store for review/release.

Thanks again for the outstanding feedback to help better the product for all.

I did actually find a situation where it could occur.
That's GREAT news!!! (It's funny that I get excited that you found a bug, but it's always nice to hear when you've found and killed a gremlin... ;))

I'm looking forward to all the "new goodies" in v2.1!!!!

Thanks, as always, for the quick response and great support!

Cheers,

Chris

Hello,

I am having the same problem! I currently have 9 previous flights that have all been deleted multiple times. They show up every time I close and reopen the app. In addition to this after taking the time to reenter all my certificates, ratings, and history items manually into the new app, they were all deleted! I'm using version 2.0.0 on an iphone 3GS and I have 1.11.0 installed on my pc. I really like the software other than those small gripes.

Thanks,
Brandon

Brandon,

Make sure you do NOT have "Purge after Sync" set to ON as it will remove ALL synced information from your device. Also do not choose the "Delete Synced" option on the home screen as it too will remove ALL data that has been marked as synced.

I believe the issue regarding data NOT deleting was in the Flights area, other areas are not affected, and it only occured with the swipe to delete operation. If you are in the Flights area and want to remove synced flights then tap the trash can button and choose DELETE SYNCED. Again, only from within the flights screen, not the home screen.

I have "Purge Synced Data" OFF. Every time I add a new flight I sync the data and then tap the trash can and choose delete synced. Then when I close and reopen the app all the flights I have entered since I installed the app reappear. I just did it again and they're all back.

Try tapping the Edit on the top right of the Flights screen and delete individually or swipe to delete and see if that works. I can't remember exactly where the problem was. 2.1 is almost complete and this issue has been resolved in this update so it should be out soon. Only a few things left on the development list then it's off to beta testers.

Back