Airport database update

minearsm

APDL Beta Team
Any thoughts on updating the database or is this a dead program?

Don't laugh. But, I can't imagine it would be difficult to update the database ONLY.

Some airports don't even exist anymore and the new airport isn't recognized. ie ECP vs PFN

Thanks

Yes, But, ECP is the NEW airport in Panama City and it's not in the database.

But, old airports should still be in the database, too. Like Chicago Midway, you may have a mutiny if you removed it.

Old airports cannot be removed as many users have flown into them. Meigs, is a famous one. UIZ (berz-macomb) was a training/business airport for decades before it was closed.

New airports can easily be added by the user as needed. When you start the program it will show you the unknown airports and give you the options to configure them. You can enter the Lat/Long and other details about the new airport.

Easily added yes, but I’ve switched computers four times since I bought the program. . Every time I have to redo it. I’m trying to get a new windows computer so it looks like I’m coming up on five. Is it impossible to just update the app after all these years? If the program is still sold it should at minimum be accurate. 100% understand it’s not the top priority. But,

How do I add XWA to APDL? Are you not keeping the airport database current??

This thread is about Route Browser. If you have a suggestion for APDL please use the appropriate forum related to APDL.

Question, though. I went to MYNN this weekend and Route Browser only recognizes MYNN but, APDL doesn't allow MYNN and changes it to NAS. I go to Monterey tomorrow and will have the same problem with MTY vs MMMY. Any way to reconcile this? I could be missing the mark completely.

Question, though. I went to MYNN this weekend and Route Browser only recognizes MYNN but, APDL doesn't allow MYNN and changes it to NAS. I go to Monterey tomorrow and will have the same problem with MTY vs MMMY. Any way to reconcile this? I could be missing the mark completely.

In APDL Go to settings....general and change your preferred airport codes ICAO vs IATA. MYNN, MMMY are both in APDL's database already
Make sure the filter at the top is set to WORLD

In APDL Go to settings....general and change your preferred airport codes ICAO vs IATA. MYNN, MMMY are both in APDL's database already
Make sure the filter at the top is set to WORLD
Ah, thanks. I didn't know that was there. Unfortunately, just in time to stop using APDL. But, If I should ever decide to start using APDL again it's all set up.

Back