Ability to export/import currency rules and feature to download currency rules from website

pjricc

Ability to export/import currency rules and feature to download currency rules from website

Hello,as a newly registered LP user and relatively low-time pilot who flies a greater-than-average number of GA hours each month, I have been using Logbook Pro for a few weeks now. What a difference it makes in organizing my history!

One feature that I would like to see would be the ability to import and export currency rules. Additionally, I think it would be slick to be able togo to your website and download, thenimport currency rules that were already created and tested by others.

To me it seems that new users have to "re-invent the wheel" by building currency rules, a task that no doubt has been done countless times before. Having the various rules already built and tested would be a timesaver for us newbies.

I did a search across your forums but did not run across this suggestion. If it has already been suggested, then my apologies, but add me to the list of users who would like to see it.
tongue.gif

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

The version 2 development team has discussed this and we are looking at that very feature to offer a 'currency exchange' where you can upload your configurations to a public area and use at your own risk. We don't like to tie Logbook Pro to regs which would then put us into a 'reg chasing' position and lose focus on software functionality and features. We try to develop the system to be open ended for end-user customization. We will try to make the software as 'shareable' as possible in these type of configurations.

Thanks for your suggestion.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

NC Software said...
The version 2 development team has discussed this and we are looking at that very feature to offer a "currency exchange" where you can upload your configurations to a public area and use at your own risk. We don't like to tie Logbook Pro to regs which would then put us into a "reg chasing" position and lose focus on software functionality and features. We try to develop the system to be open ended for end-user customization. We will try to make the software as "shareable" as possible in these type of configurations.

Yes, I agree that it would be impractical for your group to provide "official" currency rule imports. I, too,envisiondownloadable currency rulesasa user-supportedfeature. However, enhancing Logbook Pro to be able to import and export currency rules is the first step and I am delighted to read that you are already considering this feature.
smile.gif

Regards,

Peter

This would be very useful functionality. Seems silly for us all to re-invent these wheels. One feature that would be useful in connection with this would be a specific forum or set of forums for posting currency rules, where people could discuss the postings -- and therefore correct errors, etc.

Back