Anybody there???

chickendriver

Greetings,

I have sent NC Software several emails over the last couple of days with various questions about Logbook Pro and not received a single reply. I'm beginning to wonder whether there are any real people that work there. There is no phone number to be found anywhere. Even though I ended up answering most of the questions on my own, I still decided to purchase a key for the program. I bought it through PilotMall.com because that is where I found the software.

I have still not received my unlock key and I need to get it ASAP. How long will it take to get the key? I already downloaded the software, but I need the key. I was under the impression that the key and info would be emailed immediately... When do I get my Key???

And, by the way, is there a real person at NC Software or is everything on autopilot???

I don't mean to complain, but I was surprized that so little attention was paid to a prospective buyer...

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, I am a living breathing 'being' on the other side of your monitor! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif I have not received any e-mails from you, otherwise I would have gladly responded. Confirm you sent them to support@nc-software.com?

The PilotMall.com orders have key codes manually generated, therefore it takes a few hours at most. Your key code was sent, let me know if you did not receive it.

Thank you for your order and I hope you understand I never received any correspondence from you.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Thanks for the quick reply. I would confirm that I did send them to the address you listed in your post. I sent 3 or 4 different emails just with some general questions. I also sent them all from inside the Logbook program. Mainly, I was interested in knowing when or if you plan on releaseing a Version 2.0. And, if so, the cost. If you were releasing a Version 2.0 sooner and were going to charge much, I clearly would've just waited until the Ver 2.0 came out.

Anyway, I got the unlock key, but the program is not importing my Excel logbook... that is another story. I'll try playing with a bit more..

Thanks,

Leo

Leo,

Thanks for the info. As you may be well aware, there are e-mail viruses, particularly the Nimda running around and we've had to really tighten up the mail servers as the viruses are running rampant. This may have something to do with missing some of your e-mails as we have been seeing how tight we can get the servers and may have gone too far about two weeks ago when we were actually down for three days with a denial of service attack. Regardless, I apologize and we are always working towards 100% availability.

As for version 2, I can't release any information on this product. That includes timelines, features, etc, but from some of the 'pings' that were asked about on this forum, you can figure out some of what's to come. I know this does you no good, but I can say that yes, version 2 is in the works, but that's about it. I will continue to resolve any issues in 1.x to make sure you and everyone else has the best software possible, and will do the same with version 2, 3, 10!

For the Excel import issue. The best result for importing data is when you can get your data in Excel to match, as close as possible to the Spreadsheet Style entry area. Remove all summary totals, and make sure the fields are all filled in, such as Data, aircraft info etc.

Please continue to use this forum as your primary contact and we will be sure to respond as soon as possible.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back