APDL future capabilities (my wish-list)

Lovejets

APDL wishlist:
</o:p>
I have used APDL since day one and although I have had Logbook Pro for a while I have just begun using it since I was unable to export my logbook from Flightlevel 2003 until recently (Thank you Neil for your help with that matter). My goal is to have a fully integrated logging/duty/rest/tax system between APDL and logbookpro.
Here is my wishlist (some may have already been posted by others):
1 I would like to see two additional entry fields for OFF time and ON time along with calculation of both Flight Time and Block Time. (Out Off On In).
2 I would like to see an automated system for retrieving time zones from the internet as well as tying it to the system clock so that Daylight savings occurs on schedule based on date/time automatically. (As previously requested by other members, support for “odd” time zones i.e. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Madras, <st1:country-region w:st="on">India at UTC +5.5h)
3 I would love to see the night field automatically filled based on UTC flight time and an Almanac that would determine night periods. (This would differentiate between civil and astronomical twighlight)
4 I would love to see a world airport database included either in APDL or in Logbookpro (if more feasible from a storage space perspective) in order to obtain airport codes in BOTH ICAO and IATA format (i.e. GYD (IATA), UBBB (ICAO), Bina or <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Baku)
<SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore

Eric,

Thank you for the detailed wish-list. I have add all your suggestions to our Feature request database. Thetracking number is 714. When Neal and I sit down to address whatis going to be in the next version, we will use these tickets. As always, thank you for taking the time to let us know what you need on the line.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Back