• We've completed testing of iOS 14. Logbook Pro has no issues observed. APDL's only issue is the Weather Map is crashing. We are working on an update for the crash at this time.

backing up work using the WINDOWS style

drawingablank

LBP users-

I am half way done transfering my career from paper to LBP. I have been backing it up as I go, but all that is on my laptop. One false move and I am back to square one ( drop, crash, etc). I use the Windows style, not the Excel style to input my data. I have tried to use Gary's technique of saving the data to the desktop and emailing it to another acct and then opening. The saving goes okay, but whether I save it to another Email acct, Disk (whcih doesn't work at all, ...error 503??), or external thumb drive I have problems getting the data. I looks like it saved it okay in the email acct, and on the thumb drive, but when I try to open it I get a pop up in LBP that says "invalid file"...even though after I saved it ..it says "saved successfully" or something like that. Tips, thoughts, suggestions?

I just want to save it a few different places in case of a future problem.

right on,

drawingablank.

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
To create a backup click File..Archive..Backup. Backup to your hard drive, i.e. C:\Backups and then you can e-mail the .BAK file as desired. If you are getting an error, uninstall and reinstall Logbook Pro. Data and registrations are unaffected by uninstall/reinstalls.

drawingablank

wow, scary. So, uninstalling and reinstalling won't get rid of the data already entered? Do i just import from the file I saved on the C: to establish the files again and the freshly installed version?

drawingablank