Backup help

328dude

Neal:

Ok, here it goes. Well, Im having puter problems and Dell tells me that Im going to have to reinstall everything. So, I need to know what's the best way to save my logbook now. After I reinstall the software, I need to know how to get it back to my original format.

Also, I have searched all over this house for the unlock code Neal. Is my only option to purchase a new code? I just purchased this logbook last month and can provide a CC # and transaction.

If I have to purchase this over again Neal, my wife's going to kill me.

What's my options here. I know Im going to have to reinstall it but don't want to lose anything. I spent 6 days transferring everything line by line.

Anyhelp is appreciated.
Mike

Mike,

Relax, and I won't let your wife come after you with the utensil set!

Backing up your data is easy. There is only ONE file that is critical to Logbook Pro and that is your .LBK file. This is the only file you need! With that said, you can create a backup using File..Archive..Backup if you can still get into your computer. If you have the room or winzip to zip compress...I'd also COPY your .LBK file even after making the backup, just to be safe! Put this file on a disk, CD-R, Zip, whatever, but this is all that you need.

Download the software from www.logbookpro.com. Downloads are always free.

If you don't have your code but you do have proof of purchase, that is fine, just get me your proof of purchase and I'll send you a new code.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal:

Well, my puter was eating itself as I typed my last message.

When you shut down LBPro, and it asked you if you wanted to backup, itstead of backing it up on my hard drive, I backed it up of Floppy. I looked and the only thing on there is the BAK. I do have that. If for some reason, you tell me that I have just lost everything, I'm going to bury myself in the flower garden outside. Promise.

Let me know man. Just hanging out here sucking my thumb.......

Oh, how do you want me to send you my CC statement? Fax? Send me a private message on that so I can atleast get that taken care of.

Thanks man.
Mike

Just got up off the floor, that is too funny! Yep, it's just ONE file, your .BAK file is all you need. What is the file size? My guess is it is approx 400KB. If so, you should be good to go. If you want, e-mail it to me at support@nc-software.com and I'll verify the .BAK data, and even hold it for you until you get the new setup complete.

Do you have a scanner? If so, scan in the CC statement and e-mail it to me at support@nc-software.com. If not, e-mail me at support@nc-software (offline) and we'll discuss the alternate options.

Still laughing....let me know how I can further assist.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back