Backup to Network Drive in 1.10

sunnfun

I can't backup to my network drive anymore in 1.10. This results in the error message:

"There were errors backing up your logbook, please close LogBook Pro, start Logbook Pro and reatempt your backup"

I did that, but to no avail. It was possible in the previous versions; is this a bug? I can back up to my desktop and than push the file on the network drive, so the drive is available and write-enabled.

NC Software said:
Hello,

There was no change to this functionality that I recall. Was there an error code/number in title bar of the message?

Error Code 507/

I did a backup from 1.9.x before upgrading, so it was working before.

Make sure that the drive where your file is being written to is not full and has not been disconnected or rendered inaccessible. This error can happen if the network drive the file is located on suddenly becomes disconnected, or if the floppy disk the file is located on is removed from the drive while it is being created.

NC Software said:
Make sure that the drive where your file is being written to is not full and has not been disconnected or rendered inaccessible. This error can happen if the network drive the file is located on suddenly becomes disconnected, or if the floppy disk the file is located on is removed from the drive while it is being created.

It's a network drive and there are no quotas or any other restrictions. An attempt to backup to that drive (which is connected as Drive Z:\) results in an error 507, then creating a report and save that report to the same drive works fine, attempting to backup again fails with the same error code:

Attempted backup:

Picture1.jpg

Report saved on the network:

Picture2.jpg

There must be some different way the Backup routine is accessing the drive.

NC Software said:
I'll take a look into this and add it to the feature request log, but I don't recall any changes to the backup system since 1.9.9.

Strange, since the backup worked before upgrading and I haven't changed a thing on my windows configuration... I'd appreciate if you could look into it.

NC Software said:
Hello,

I just ran tests here and could not reproduce this issue. I tried backing up to several network drives and had no errors at all.

That is so strange... I just copied my logbook file to the network volume and opened it from there with no problems (That way it's included in my servers backup). Backing it up to the exact same location I've opened it from gets me a (new) error message: 507 cannot create zip file. I'll then create the backup to the desktop and then copy it to the network volume no problems.

Well, LBPro seems to be working fine with the logbook file off of the network volume, so I just it leave there for now. If I can help you with any further input let me know. Thanks.

Back