Custom Counter Issue

friskelm

Neal,
After I had a problem viewing the custom time fields on my PPC, you had me add a yes/no custom field. This fixed my problem so I got creative and added 4 custom counter fields. I had four flights today, none of them used the custom counter fields, but when I synched- the data transferred and my PPC became locked in Logbook Pro Companian. I got an errer message about file access sharing violation. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, deleted the LBP files from all PPC directrories and MYDocuments on my PC. rebooted- nothing worked- untill I removed the 4 Custom Counter fields- then all was fine without even a reboot.
Mark

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Mark,

What was locked, the PPC or PC? When you add four counters to the PC side, does it affect your PC? I have had counter fields running for quite some time on both PC and PPC with no problems. Can you tell me what you named the custom counters so I can try to duplicate them with the identical names?

friskelm

Hi Neal, The counters (I finally figured out) affected only the PPC version. The Desktop version was fine. The problem that I got was an ERROR MESSAGE on my PPC ever time I tried to start LBP on my PPC. I would get the front screen , then the option screen were you pick LOGBOOK LOOKBACK ect... but the PPC was locked at that point, all I could do was tap the X and shut down the logbook program. I posted this in the other thread as I thought it sounded similar to the other guys problem. Once I removed the 4 custom counters, all was well again.
Thanks
Mark

friskelm

Also, the ERROR MESSAGE was only visible for a couple seconds and was laid between the 1st screen and the function selection screen- so it was had to catch what it was saying.
Mark

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Mark,

If there is a & in the name or an apostrophe ' then it will cause an error which as recently been resolved. Make sure the names of your custom fields do not contain an & or '. If you want the latest build that corrects this, feel free to submit a support ticket. Once the recent issues reported are resolved then 1.10.9 will be provided.

friskelm

The only special characters were < and > . I will wait for the new build release. I just made the custom counters because I found out I could, nothing critical.

friskelm

Neal,
Updated LBP desktop and PPC, renamed my custom counters with > and < and ', removed the workaround yes/no field you recommended- added a flight today and all is well.
Thanks
Mark