Custom Counter Issue

friskelm

Neal,
After I had a problem viewing the custom time fields on my PPC, you had me add a yes/no custom field. This fixed my problem so I got creative and added 4 custom counter fields. I had four flights today, none of them used the custom counter fields, but when I synched- the data transferred and my PPC became locked in Logbook Pro Companian. I got an errer message about file access sharing violation. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, deleted the LBP files from all PPC directrories and MYDocuments on my PC. rebooted- nothing worked- untill I removed the 4 Custom Counter fields- then all was fine without even a reboot.
Mark

Mark,

What was locked, the PPC or PC? When you add four counters to the PC side, does it affect your PC? I have had counter fields running for quite some time on both PC and PPC with no problems. Can you tell me what you named the custom counters so I can try to duplicate them with the identical names?

Hi Neal, The counters (I finally figured out) affected only the PPC version. The Desktop version was fine. The problem that I got was an ERROR MESSAGE on my PPC ever time I tried to start LBP on my PPC. I would get the front screen , then the option screen were you pick LOGBOOK LOOKBACK ect... but the PPC was locked at that point, all I could do was tap the X and shut down the logbook program. I posted this in the other thread as I thought it sounded similar to the other guys problem. Once I removed the 4 custom counters, all was well again.
Thanks
Mark

Also, the ERROR MESSAGE was only visible for a couple seconds and was laid between the 1st screen and the function selection screen- so it was had to catch what it was saying.
Mark

Mark,

If there is a & in the name or an apostrophe ' then it will cause an error which as recently been resolved. Make sure the names of your custom fields do not contain an & or '. If you want the latest build that corrects this, feel free to submit a support ticket. Once the recent issues reported are resolved then 1.10.9 will be provided.

The only special characters were < and > . I will wait for the new build release. I just made the custom counters because I found out I could, nothing critical.

Neal,
Updated LBP desktop and PPC, renamed my custom counters with > and < and ', removed the workaround yes/no field you recommended- added a flight today and all is well.
Thanks
Mark

Back