Resolved Does the CSV export on apdl.net function?

DavidB

If so...how do you get the data.

I was trying 1 of my trips in apdl.net. I wanted to export that trip using the export csv function.

When asked to save the file, I get a bunch of headers like code, but not any csv type file. Also, the file generated, would not even save to my computer.

Based on some info that Steve Hayne gave me regarding the CSV files, I wanted to try an experiment.

I was going to use the importer processed data, to export it out to a csv. Then I could view the data apdl was looking for in the import...ie headers.

If possible, I would then make a template, use fake trip numbers for my historical data, see if it worked.

But, I can't get an exported cvs from that data to look at the info. Just trying a little experiment if possible.

If not, I know Steve etal have made it so the importer will use my historical csv file.

Thanks for any info.

Best,
David

Hi Neal. Hmm ok..I'm using IE 11.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

1.Copy/paste my schedule from CWA(SWA crew sched. site)
2. Process Trip...shows green...trip shows normally.
3. Scroll down to verify all the legs look OK...they do.
4. Scroll further down, click on the export csv button. Save file window pops up. It's a long filename with a lot of headers. No extension shows. I tried addig csv to the end, no help.
I click save anyway, the file will not even save for me to a folder.

Am I doing something wrong with the trip data?
Thanks
David

I just tested in IE and it's working. Did you enter values for the Default Aircraft Type/Ident? You should see a bar appear at the bottom MyTrips-ByLeg-date...csv then click SAVE.

Hi Neal, decided to try a re-boot. Seemed to fix the issue. I can export the trip with no issues.

Just experimenting to see if I can add a trip number to my historical data.

Best,
David

Hi Neal, decided to try a re-boot. Seemed to fix the issue. I can export the trip with no issues.

Just experimenting to see if I can add a trip number to my historical data.

Best,
David

Well worth a try. I looked at the CWA data as a CSV, to see how you guys showed the trip data header.
I then took my exported CSV file, added the Trip Number header to my file.
Edited my CSV adding the commas as appropriate, then I add a fake trip number using our format. I used DAO1.
I then copy/pasted that into importer. Processed...No Go. Bummer.

I'm guessing your particular parser for our SWA historical data, doesn't contain a header for trip number.

OH well, gave it a shot. I appreciated the work that has been done to allow me to use the historical data. I realized I was going to have a lot of errors on the 2014 stuff, for the look back.
Since Steve mentioned not having the Trip Number, I want to try and add it in, to see if my imports would work better w/out a bunch of errors. No biggie, gave it my best shot. Will go back to Steve's method, errors and all. Will still have look back data.

Best,
David

David,

The problem with you adding the trip header in was that we specifically set up the importer to use the format you sent us which did not include the trip header. Any changes to the format and it won't work properly, it's very specific.

Back