Drop Down Lists

SentryIP

Neal,

Is it possible to add more items to the drop down lists in the 'AIRCRAFT MAKE & MODEL', 'AIRCRAFT IDENT', and 'ROUTE OF FLIGHT' fields? Currently, there are only 15 stored items in each. Storing the last 30-50 items would make data entry a lot faster. Thanks.

/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

As you can imagine, each and every person is going to have their own opinion and request on how many items, in this particular example.

My question to you, and the community, do you want something simple and fixed for software, or do you want every possible element customizable? I think Logbook Pro as it stands in 1.x is probably pushing the limit as for how much customization is available w/o overwhelming the user. I have to figure out this balance when designing the software. So, my question is, do you want total user customization, or is this going to overwhelm the populus?

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Hi,

to my opinion LBP is fine as it is. The amount of things everyone can customize is unbelievebly (is this a word??) large. I would have a hard time switching to any other program because it would not provide the same flexibility.

I say, keep it this way. The risk of loosing user-friendliness is not worth those few extra custom options. (besides, 15 items is more then plenty for those flying professionally. I'll type the rest)

Last but not least: I hardly typ anymore in LBP since the PDA version is as advertised and all I do now is sync and run reports.

Great software with the best customer support.

Jacco

Attitude is Everything!
But Remember, Attitudes are Contagious!
Is Yours worth Catching????

Neal,

I understand and agree with your point about balancing software design with regards to complete versatility and reasonable utility. I think LBP is excellent as it is. My suggestion was not to make this a customizable feature. Increasing the number of 'fixed' stored items would make data entry easier since I'm entering my flight data from 1981 to the present. As always, thanks for the excellent support.

/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

Back