FAR 121 Reports

crustemeyer

I just upgraded to Professional Edition and am playing with the FAR 121 reports. I am trying to get it to where I can see in the future if I will run into flight time limitations. I talked online with tech support and they said to sync my pending flights and then the system will include all of the flight times....

I have synced the pending flights, but I am not sure it worked. After I sync the pending flights, will they show up in the spreadsheet of my logbook?

After syncing the pending flights, the FAR 121 status report still shows I'm good as of right now, only flying 9.6 hours this month, how do I see what I will be at next week when I am estimating I should be around 29 hours for my 30 in 7 limitation?

Thanks.

Chris,

Go to Options/Flight Log in Logbook Pro PC and clear the bottom checkbox related to Auto-Purge as you may be syncing in data that Logbook Pro PC will consider incomplete information. This is outlined in the Android Settings/Synchronization documentation.

Check Sync Pending, sync your App, then sync Logbook Pro PC (My Sync / Sync Now) and the flights should appear.

Still nothing..I followed the directions above, double and triple checked them....Still no pending flights showing up and still don't see a way to look ahead for the 30/7 limitations..

Any other suggestions?

I just tried it and it worked here. Let's break this down step by step:
  1. On your Android go to Settings/Synchronization and make sure you have Sync Pending checked
  2. On the Home Screen tap the sync button or menu/sync
  3. Login to http://logbookpro.com/sync and see if your flights appear on the My Sync portal
  4. In Logbook Pro PC edition verify the bottom checkbox in Options/Flight Log is NOT checked
  5. Click My Sync / Sync Now to command a sync from the My Sync portal
Note: If Options/Flight Log bottom checkbox was checked AND you have automatic synchronization enabled then it pulled down the flights when Logbook Pro started and then purged them because they didn't have a duration. Speaking of which, because you want to use Pending Flights for your FAR 121 limits reports make sure that your pending flights DO have a duration entered. There is an option in Settings/Schedule Import to NOT enter a duration, if this was the case then the flight times would not be incorporated. So if you had automatic sync enabled then simply sync one more time from the app and then the PC after you verified Options/Flight Log.

Did all that, all pending flights from Droid showed up on the sync portal on the web, then disappeared after I synced the PC. All pending flights on my Droid have a duration already entered into them from when imported it from the web. Still didn't show up on my spreadsheet.

Could this be a problem since i am using this program in Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro?

Chris,

I checked your My Sync portal and that data is gone which means Logbook Pro PC is retrieving it. My guess is you have the filter system active so you're not seeing the pending flights (future). Open Logbook Pro PC and then the spreadsheet style log. Look about 7 buttons from the right on the toolbar just above the spreadsheet log and you'll see a funnel button. Make sure this button is NOT pressed in as this would mean you have a filter active.

It doesn't matter what type of computer you're using as Logbook Pro requires Windows and it's transparent to Logbook Pro what it's running on. It either runs or not and I show you have been syncing so you are reaching the Internet.

Waiting for your "Ahaaaa" :)

No ahaaaa yet....the filter button was not pressed....Still no future flights....What shall I try next?

Very strange! So let's watch this step by step. You sync your device and you do see the flights appear on the My Sync portal? Then you sync your PC, after doing so refresh the My Sync portal, do they disappear? If so, the PC retrieved them. I'd like you to verify in Options/User Info on the PC that your Account ID and Username is exactly as shown on the My Sync portal. Lastly, on your device take a careful look at your pending flights and see what date the flight shows and make sure it's not in error such as years ago.

Let's test that your setup does not have a permissions issue in Windows. Create a backup by clicking File..Backup to File and use the default location of /My Documents/My Logbook Pro Files/v1/Backup. After the backup procedure is complete, open Windows Explorer and verify the .BAK file was in fact created.

Very strange! So let's watch this step by step. You sync your device and you do see the flights appear on the My Sync portal? Then you sync your PC, after doing so refresh the My Sync portal, do they disappear? If so, the PC retrieved them. I'd like you to verify in Options/User Info on the PC that your Account ID and Username is exactly as shown on the My Sync portal. Lastly, on your device take a careful look at your pending flights and see what date the flight shows and make sure it's not in error such as years ago.

Let's test that your setup does not have a permissions issue in Windows. Create a backup by clicking File..Backup to File and use the default location of /My Documents/My Logbook Pro Files/v1/Backup. After the backup procedure is complete, open Windows Explorer and verify the .BAK file was in fact created.

Everything above is correct. The back up file was there after I backed up the file.

Yes. Just did it this morning with the flights I flew yesterday. Haven't had a problem with that at all.

The one flight I created showed up on my spreadsheet.

I went and added an aircraft ident to one of my flights that I had previously imported to my Droid and synced again....The second flight also showed up in my spreadsheet.

Does this mean I'll have to put in an aircraft ID for all my pending flights to have this work?

I went to: View/Options/Flight Log/Flight Log Options Area.

In this menu "Auto-clean entries not having a Duration or Flight Sim Value" is NOT checked. :)

Every other box above this one is checked. :)

Okay, I'll test to see if there is something with the Ident being blank causing Pending to not sync and get back to you. In the interim you can go to Settings/Schedule Importer and set a default Type and Ident. You can put something in for the Ident such as just a "N" and then update it when your flight is flown. This will ensure something is in that field if in fact Logbook Pro PC is skipping the record with the ident missing.

Thanks for the info, I'll report back when I review the Logbook Pro PC code and try to duplicate this issue.

Thanks for working so diligently with me on this.

I deleted and re-imported all my trips for August, after selecting a default Aircraft ID, I synced my PC and "aahhhaaaaaa" all my flights from tomorrow through the end of the month show up.

Now on to my second question, and the whole point for wanting my future flights on the PC: I want to use the FAR 121 reports to look ahead and keep track of my 30 in 7 limitations...When I pull up the report, it only shows me my flight times of the current day, how do I change that to look forward?

Also, I have gone into options/currency and changed the time warning to 5 hours, instead of 25....I have to changed this every time I open logbook, it does not seem to be saving this setting.

I will log the persistence of the setting as a bug, sorry about that.

After you sync your pending flights in which also have a duration (I assume) are you saying the report is not taking into account future flights? I think (as I type) the problem is that the report is looking back from the current day, so it's probably not going to work. Let me add a feature request to select a lookback as of date and that should solve the issue. It sounds like version 1.11.8 may be coming soon. :)

The problem though, which I'll have to figure out, is that when the reports are generated for the device it's not going to prompt for a "as of date" - this may only be something that the PC edition can generate. The alternate option I'm thinking is to always include all data and not use "today's date" so if you have future flying it will use that data too. I'll have to look into how best to do this, may need to add an option somewhere to use "today" or "all data" as the criteria for the reports.

1) When I synced my Droid after I imported all my trips, they all showed up in the spreadsheet, as stated above..however, they showed up with nothing in the duration column on the spreadsheet. When I look at "Flights" on the Droid, the duration of the flights are there.

2) You are right, the way the report is currently set up, It only takes into account from today backwards. So it does not take into account future flights, I was hoping it would as this is why I went to all the trouble to try to figure out how to get my pending flights over to the spreadsheet style. :(

3) You suggested in your most recent post that you might have to use an "all data" option. I don't think this would work very well(at least for what I vision how I would want to use it) and here's why: As I am scheduled right now, next Tuesday I will have 29:15 minute of block time. That leaves me 45 Minutes to play with before I become illegal to fly. What I want to be able to do is have all my pending flights, plus what i have flown, and have the ability to set a date and have the program tell me what i will be at next Tuesday, as I fly my 4 day trip which starts tomorrow. I want the ability to tell the program to make a report from 8/12 back and look at my 30 in 7 limitation. Does that make sense? So by having including all the data, it might not be as specific as to what I was hoping to use the reports for. I assume that an option to include all data would indicate I have a 30 in 7 problem somewhere, just wouldn't be able to tell me when exactly, right? I believe APDL was able to calculate this limitation and I know that is a separate production line, but maybe there is any easy way to add that "report" in APDL to the new programs?

(Keep in mind that I have 0 programming experience so I have no idea if what I am asking is even possible)

Thank you again for working this out and being so diligent and hard working...Every time I seem to have a problem or question, the response from your company has been amazing, quick and efficient. That's what will keep me subscribing for probably the rest of my aviation career. Keep up the good work!

Back