Bug Report Flights not showing up

minearsm

APDL Beta Team
This will be two issues.

1. LBPm shows I have 32 flights, but when I go into the flights section "SOMETIMES" it's completely blank. I am trying to make it do that on command, but I have not figured out how. i.e. on startup, after an edit, etc.

2. This was the original issue. You can see from the attached photos that I have one flight that is blank. when I click on it it DOES go into a flight with data filled in. If I simply hit cancel the flight is still blank, but if I simply put in a "N" in the tail blank and hit save the data shows up. If I then remove the "N" the data sometimes disappears, sometimes it stays.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2522.jpg
    IMG_2522.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 75
Sean,

As per my reply to your problem report - when you can try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Sorry, I didn't have my e-mail open. Didn't see the reply.

On a plane (in the back). I can do it tomorrow.

I saw the disappearing flights issue too but I was just thinking it was me. Tap back to the home screen and then to the list and they reappear.

I deleted the program and reinstalled this am. Three re-imported flights disappear.

Please submit a new problem report and also include the trip data you're importing so I can look into this ASAP. Logbook Pro is about to go into review any day now and I need to see if we have a major issue right away.

Anyone else seeing any issues like this???

Please submit a new problem report and also include the trip data you're importing so I can look into this ASAP. Logbook Pro is about to go into review any day now and I need to see if we have a major issue right away.

Anyone else seeing any issues like this???
Yes, as mentioned above.

Mine was a install over the old version so maybe the new architecture is to blame. I'll sync tonight, uninstall and reinstall.

Trip data sent. It imports fine. as diedrichg points out it is random and doesn't do it every time. Usually it happens from a cold start, but not always. Sometimes scrolling down and back up makes it go away, sometimes clicking on the flight (BLANK) and then hitting CANCEL fixes it. Both the bug and the fix are random for me.

Before the reinstall it only affected ONE flight. The same one every time. After the reinstall it affected three consecutive flights.

I just realized. When I reinstalled the program I did it from the hockey app. Would that make a difference?

OH, NOT a show stopper that I know of. But, you will hear about it if it hits the street.

I seen it as well. Don't know how to reproduce. Just switching screens refreshes the screen. You can select the blank rows with no issue with the segment. I seen 1-3 flights come up blank like this...but in all instances there was always an arrow on the right-hand side, so I knew the flight was accessible.

58942a487472790bddc517e8d19201ac.jpg

Bug report sent since this one happened today.

Thanks all - I just don't know that I can release the app like this. I'm going to leave the current build in review to see what Apple finds, if anything, but I'm going to work on this fix right away and then push a build after it's properly tested as working correctly. Keep up the great job testing and report anything and everything to this forum.

Apple approved 5.9.20 today. I'm still deciding what to do as the update is set to manual release, i.e. it won't go out without my manual consent as opposed to another option Apple has which auto-releases on approval which is typically what we use.

I have not had a chance to look at this bug due to getting the APDL Legacy Importer back into production. Once I can identify the issue and/or fix it and see the impact of this I will then consider releasing this build or holding off for the fixed release. I personally installed iOS 9 beta on a lesser used iPad - it's very buggy - anyone that actually installs it on a device that they depend on is crazy! Logbook Pro will not run on iOS 9 without the 5.9.18 or later builds. I clearly disclosed this but I'm sure some are going to install anyways.

If anyone has any more to share on this issue such as any problems experienced other than the invisible row data let me know. I know Sean had one date issue post sync but I don't believe it's come up since that one issue.

Back