I am one happy camper this evening. I finally managed to hack my way through converting all my Flight Level logbook entries. 3800+ hours of flying. Whew. Am I glad I didn't have to re-enter all that stuff manually. I, too, spoke with the Flight Level folks and was told that there was no way to convert my data to tab or comma-delimited. I had given up until I found this thread a few days ago suggesting that there might be a way... I took my laptop along on my last 3-day trip and thanks to serious weather delays in Chicago and some rotten deadheading, I had plenty of time to mess with the conversion problem.
I wish I could give everybody a step-by-step instruction manual to make the conversion, but I'm not sure exactly how I did it. I started with the backup file from FL98. It was compressed in mime format. I re-titled the file name to end in .mim and extracted the files using WinZip. After that, I realized the data was in MS Access format, but I couldn't open/convert/export the data because I didn't have the proper permissions (passwords) for my data. I ended up creating a new MS Access database and importing the "tables" from the FL98 data. Once these tables were in MY database, I could export them to any format I wanted. I exported them to comma-separated and then did a clean-up in MS Excel. From there, Logbook Pro's import engine took over and did a fine job. The data did, however, require some pretty extensive clean-up in Excel.
Now that I'm all set, I'm going to do my best to figure out how to replicate what I did. If I figure it out, I'll post a step-by-step instruction manual. Heck, at this point, I'm so ticked off with Flight Level for trying to hold me hostage, I'd probably be willing to convert data for Logbook Pro customers for free! (Don't send my your data just yet! Let me make sure I can do it again!)