How to sync Flight number and FO name

erik

So I got sick of carrying an old PalmOS device with me, and have switched from APDL to LBP on Android(while anxiously awaiting APDL for Android), and have the followingquestions:

How can I log my flight # and FOname in the mobile app so it gets synced with my desktop (withoutusing schedule importer)? Is the best way just to put those twothings in the comment field? If so, is there a way to get thecomment field to copy what you entered on the last entry? I have“recall last custom text” checked in settings, but it doesn'tseem to copy the remarks.

Thanks.

Oh, and one more thing: It seems that many fields in LBP for Android default to CAPS, which then stays on when I leave the app and then irritates me a little when I start to type a email, text, whatever. Is there a way to have LBP turn off caps when I leave the app?

Hi Erik,

Yes, you'll want to create custom TEXT fields in Options/Custom in Logbook Pro PC edition. I think Ident and Route are the only two fields that use caps lock, otherwise only the first letter is being capitalized in other fields.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, so I made custom text fields "flight number" and "crew". So how/where do I enter the data on the Android app to get it to sync with LBP PC?

Thanks!

I know this thread is old but it seems like a good place ask the following question:

How do I get the custom text field to show up in the remarks section of LBP?

I have followed the steps in the above posts, but when I sync the iphone app and then sync LBP on my PC...the remarks section is empty (on the PC version). Everything is still in place on my phone app, the information just doesn't append to the remarks section. I checked the LBP document and can't find what I'm doing wrong.

AM

Hello Ric,

If you are logging values into a custom text field then that field will sync to its corresponding field on the PC. If you are using the schedule importer and want information to go into the Remarks column then you have to map the fields appropriately in Settings/Schedule Importer.

Neal,

I am not using a schedule importer. I have created a custom text on my pc and it does appear on my iphone. I would like to have that custom text appear in the remarks section of my logbook after sync. Is this possible?

I record the name of my airline and the pilot I flew with in the remarks section of each flight. I wish I didn't have to write out the same information in the remarks section after each flight. To me the best solution would be to have a "recall remarks" setting. Since there is no such option I am trying to get the custom text (which does have this option) to work for my needs.

Neal,

I am not using a schedule importer. I have created a custom text on my pc and it does appear on my iphone. I would like to have that custom text appear in the remarks section of my logbook after sync. Is this possible?

No, it's not possible to log in one field and have it sync to another, i.e. log in a custom text field and have it sync to Logbook Pro Desktop's remarks field.

I record the name of my airline and the pilot I flew with in the remarks section of each flight. I wish I didn't have to write out the same information in the remarks section after each flight. To me the best solution would be to have a "recall remarks" setting. Since there is no such option I am trying to get the custom text (which does have this option) to work for my needs.

I highly recommend creating a custom TEXT field in Options/Custom in Logbook Pro Desktop for "Crew".

I created a Custom Text field "Pilot Crew" and is working OK for tracking the guys I work with. However in the past few years I'm only working with 5 different guys in a corporate department so I no longer need the Custom Field to pop up with scroll options for any of my 121 crew mates. Is there a way to either A) clear the resents from the custom Pilot Crew field, or better yet B) have this cell in the spread sheet form function like a true spreadsheet where in if I type the letter S it will populate the most recent entry that started with S and than filter from there if I type a second letter that matches another entry. This option would be much preferred and easier than scrolling down through a list of previous names...IMO

Back