I certify that the entries....

JustinB

Anyone,

I tried creating a custom template/report using the MGOent style. When the page is create and the totals for each page are added up, it says "I certify that the entires in this log are true," and then has a place for you to sign.

I am going to reprint my logbook and I don't want to sign about 500 sheets. I have my signature scanned in .JPG/.GIF or whatever else it might need to be and would like to put it in the report so that it is printed for me.

How the heck do I do that?

Thanks,
Justin

Any Suggestions?

Can I remove that whole area? Can I just type my name there?

Thanks,
Justin

JustinB said:
Can I remove that whole area? Can I just type my name there?

Thanks,
Justin

No, the area cannot be removed, it's part of the report for the Split Series reports. The older "Logbook Pro Standard Flight Log Report" does have an option (check the report preferences) to control the signature blocks, either first page or all pages. I'll put a feature request in to see if we can do the same for the Split Series reports. We're working on 1.9.9 now so the timing is good. Your tracking number for this feature request is FR 812.

JustinB,

I just tried this and it worked...

Export your logbook to a .pdf file. Using Adobe Acrobat 7.0, you can insert your signature. Unfortunately, so far it appears you'll have to sign each page digitally individually.

FYI:

1.9.9 now supports loading of an image signature and will automatically place in the signature block. The way the system works is you'll need to create a .jpg file the same name as your data file and place the image next to your data file (same folder). For example:

Logbook Pro Data File: C:\Logbook\My Logbook.lbk

Create (or rename) your image file and place such as:

C:\Logbook\My Logbook.jpg

Logbook Pro will detect the existence of this image, if it exists, load it in the signature block for you.

The new image signature feature will work in any of the SPLIT SERIES reports (standard or MGOent.). Beta is expected middle of this coming week.

Incredible...

Neal,

I must say that I am impressed with your software and with your company's response to it's customers. Don't ever let that change!

I'm also very impressed with the creative ways all the users on here find solutions!

I can't wait to try the beta!

Justin

Justin,

Thank you for your kind words. My motto is "if we can do it, we will." Whenever presented with a problem, and one in which the majority of the Logbook Pro user base will benefit, we certainly do our best to incorporate your welcome suggestions.

Logbook Pro is a very powerful product limited only by one's creativity and imagination. Feel free to post any wishes to our wish list forum as that is our primary reference for future updates.

Enjoy.

The signature block you have assigned appears to be too small. The .jpg file ends up being exported into a small, unreadable text. Plus, the import is of poor quality.

Can you fix so that it looks as good as it does when you export the logbook report to Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and then sign?

English said:
The signature block you have assigned appears to be too small. The .jpg file ends up being exported into a small, unreadable text. Plus, the import is of poor quality.

Can you fix so that it looks as good as it does when you export the logbook report to Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and then sign?
English,

Can you attach or e-mail support@nc-software.com the image you are using? Your resolution may be too low. Try a 150dpi resolution image and pixel dimensions as desired.

Back