Import

fsboswfl

I am importing from a tab-delimited Excel spreadsheet, and I have discovered two problems:

1. If the flight time field is not masked as 0.0, it will be skipped. For example, if your flight time is 3 in the spreadsheet and not 3.0, LogbookPro's import wizard will skip the field (the record still imports). I solved this by masking all flight times with one decimal place, so 3 becomes 3.0.

2. Conversely, landings and legs are still not importing correctly. I've tried a variety of formats within Excel without any luck. Curiously, landings and legs data appear during the field assignment in the import wizard, but when the file is 'actually' imported, landings and legs are skipped.

Help.

Thanks again!

Jason Watson

Solved the landings and legs import problem. It *appears* that LogbookPro prefers everything to be masked to 0.0; for example, once a landings entry changed from 2 to 2.0, it imported beautifully (same with legs). Furthermore, LogbookPro makes the numbers whole again... thank God too, because some of my 3 or 4 landings really were 2.6 and 3.2 respectively/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Jason Watson

Back