Keep track of AC type not just AC tail #

manson

I was hoping the new version of APDL and logbook pro would allow me to keep track of AC type, as well as AC #.

As it stands, in apdl, I can enter an AC tail #, and it doesn't know if it's a Cessna or a Embraer, or, the type. Just get's synched as the "default". That is terrible. Any way around this?

Hello,

With the new PDA Wizard and the latest version of Logbook Pro which is now 1.10.25, when syncing in the APDL information in Logbook Pro takes the incoming N-Number and finds any prior entries that use this N-Number then use that same A/C Type. Therefore, if you have prior logbook entries with this tail number, the PDA Wizard uses the same A/C Type. If the incoming N-Number is NOT found, then it uses the default A/C Type specified in the APDL configuration page. Click here to see what one of the other customers did to preload their companies N-Numbers, as an option.

So, instead of putting the aircraft type and aircraft id in the same place, where it belongs, AT THE POINT OF ENTRY, you have decided to put in place a workaround, bandaid like this???????

After a couple of 4 day trips, i have to go back, and verify each leg, to see if the aircraft type was correct or just put in as the default? That is probably one of the worst workarounds I've seen yet for APDL.

You mean to tell me you can't put in another textbox on the aircraft page on apdl for ac type?????? This should have been there from day one!!!

Look at any paper logbook.... it has ac type right in the first few columns.

Great, i'll just keep a post it note with me the whoe time. Thanks.

Once upon a time an airline pilot flew one A/C Type. These days with similar cockpit designs allowing pilots to fly multiple A/C Types does present a new problem which APDL, designed in 1999-2000 did not account for. In a future version, we probably will incorporate the A/C Type as part of the data entry while maintaining a default as most will probably still fly only one type.

I appreciate your understanding as to why APDL is designed the way it is, and hope you appreciate the feature of the PDA Wizard to resolve this issue of today's airline pilot flying multiple types.

I don't really see what the BIG deal is..... All you do is download that tail number 1 time and the next time it knows..... Seems pretty simple to me. Maybe manson needs a hobby. I fly three different types and it works fine.

I don't really see what the BIG deal is..... All you do is download that tail number 1 time and the next time it knows..... Seems pretty simple to me. Maybe manson needs a hobby. I fly three different types and it works fine.

Amen.

manson, the "workaround" you complain about would take you about 30 minutes to setup (assuming you don't fly more than a couple hundred airplanes), and you would never have to worry about it again.

Back