Logbook Pro A/C Ident lookback

mitchican

As I understand it, the most recent version of logbook pro will 'look back' to previous entries in the logbook database to determine aircraft type by examining aircraft tailnumbers when importing from APDL.

That being said, because we have around 200 aircraft, I thought I could enter all the tailnumbers of the A/C in our fleet as dummy entries, i.e.

.....DATE.....TAIL #..... AC TYPE..... DURATION ..... ROUTE
1/01/1901...N12345.......E145L............0.0............. N/A
1/01/1901...N12346.......E145X............0.0.............N/A

and so on...

I did this using an import from a tab delimited file to append my existing logbook database. The import works just fine; however, when I save the database (logbook.lbk) and close LBP, the next time I open LBP the dummy entries are gone.

Is my logic flawed? Is this a viable workaround? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello,

The reason Logbook Pro purged the information is the five required columns of information are missing. You must have information in: Date, Type, Ident, Route, and Duration otherwise Logbook Pro considers it an incomplete/erroneous entry. Redo an import with the required information, i.e. Route of "N/A" to appease Logbook Pro OR (not recommended) uncheck the bottom checkbox in the Options...Flight Log area to disable the auto-purge system.

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. I added N/A for the route, to satisfy that requirement, but the information is still being purged. When I view the entries duration show nothing, where i input 0. Is this causing LBP to purge the info?

Yep, there is also a routine to purge zero's! I suggest something like:

1/1/1960,TEST,N/A,N/A,0.1

This way you can date filter everything after 1960 or block out the type "TEST" in the Analyzer for summary info.

FYI, we are now working on SingleSync integration within Logbook Pro so this may be further improved with the next Logbook Pro update. The closer we merge APDL and Logbook Pro together, the better this system will work.

Ok, I disabled the auto-purge for 0's in the duration field, and performed a sync for my last flight, LBP did not pick-up the tail number and enter the correct AC type; it entered my default that is set in single-sync....

I checked to make sure the tail number existed in the entries I imported and it is there, any ideas?

Thanks again

Last edited:
Thank you for your file. You are using an old version of SingleSync. Please download the latest then reattempt and see if this resolves your issue.

Click here to download the latest version of SingleSync.

NC Software said:
Thank you for your file. You are using an old version of SingleSync. Please download the latest then reattempt and see if this resolves your issue.

Click here to download the latest version of SingleSync.
:blush:

That did it! Thank you again.

I guess the easiest way to get aircraft types correct in LBP would be to just reimport everything from my palm, by changing the sync on or after date in singlesync and deleting all of my entries in LBP?

Also, I don't mind sharing the file I created for import into LBP, where would be best place to post it? It contains all existing and future deliveries for Expressjet Airlines, Inc.

Last edited:
Yes, setting the Sync on or After date prior to the flights you wish to resync will actually delete all APDL imported flights on or after this date and reimport the data. Always backup your Logbook Pro data file prior to doing these types of operations. You can attach a zip file to this thread if you wish, or in the Logbook Pro Community Share forum.

Back