Logbook Pro(not responding)

satlol

first off, my computer works well and all other programs are able to run efficiently...however i installed logbook pro a few weeks ago and now whenever i start up the Logbook Pro software it freezes and says 'not responding'...any ideas...

Hello,

I suggest uninstalling Logbook Pro from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area. Reboot. Rename C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro to C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro OLD. Download/Install version 1.9.9.

yeah that sounds easy enough...will i lose all of the information (30 hours worth of inputs) in the 'old' logbook pro or will i be able to transfer it over to the 'new'...thanks

Uninstall/Reinstall or installation repairs do not affect data or registration. It is always a good idea to backup your data prior to doing so. If you are able to open Logbook Pro, backup by clicking File..Archive..Backup, if not, as in your case, find your .LBK file and make a copy of it.

I have the same problem and have followed the instructions but still have the same problem. I have tried restoring the backup and also create a new log book but get the same problem. The program is no longer useable. I have just finished entering all my flights since 1966 and would really not want to do that again.

Still A Puzzle

Thanks for the response. I did all the steps suggested above (before posting last night) and still could not get the program to run. This morning I tried to restore with XP but it could not with any of the restore points I selected. Makes me wonder what good that feature of XP is. Just prior to giving up on the problem I decided to try once more to restore a backup (which didn't work last night) and it was successful.

I still have no idea what was causing the problem but, for now, Logbook Pro is running again. Why it didn't solve it last night I cannot understand. The only thing I did this morning is to attempt to use a Microsoft Restore Point (several different ones) unsuccessfully.

My confidence in the Logbook Pro has been diminished as a result with no apparent solution to the problem I and at least one other user have experienced.

Gary

Gary,

I highly discourage using the restore points and I consider a system unreliable once that is used. I wish Microsoft would have never allowed such feature as it can be detrimental to the operating system for users using this functionality without understanding the severity of such use.

As to Logbook Pro showing as "not responding" may mean it's busy with other activities, particularly a background software update check IF you have a firewall conflict. You can try disabling background updating from the checkbox at the bottom of the Options...User Info dialog.

Fortunately for me, none of the restore points worked so nothing was done to change the system. When the program wasn't responding I left it for over an hour since the dialog box was telling me it was busy. Perhaps the firewall situation was the cause.

Gary

My problem has returned. Last night and again this morning I tried to open the program and it is back in the same "not responding" mode. I have left it for over an hour both times but it still says busy. I checked the task manager and it is showing no CPU activity. Where do I go from here?

I suggest following the steps as outlined above. When Logbook Pro launches, go to the Options area and on the bottom of the User Info tab, clear the checkbox allowing background updates. If you require further assistance, please submit a support ticket.

Back