Logbook Pro update and sync

CRJpilot

I've been using Logbook Pro for several years now, but just bought the APDL for my Palm Centro. I tried to sync APDL to LBP and it keeps saying it's not registered, but it is. I then noticed I am running LBP 1.10.23 and it says there is an update to 1.10.26. When I click to update it says it downloaded, but either won't let me update, or just closes LBP. Any suggestions on either how to get LBP to update or get the sync to work? Thanks.

-Uninstall Logbook Pro from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs area
-Reboot
-Rename C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro to C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro-OLD
-Reinstall 1.10.26 after downloading from the URL below

http://download.logbookpro.com/lbproNoMSI.exe

Note: Data and Registrations are unaffected by uninstall/reinstall procedures.

Make sure your Palm Username is set correctly in the PDA Wizard and also HotSync is configured per the KB article below:

http://www.nc-software.com/?kb=41

As a last resort, try the following, then HotSync again and run the PDA Wizard:

1) Open Windows Explorer
2) Go to C:\Program Files\palmOne\{Your Palm Username}\Backup
3) MOVE (not delete) all files out of this folder to another location, such as C:\Temp\Palm Files

HotSync and re-run the PDA Wizard.

If you continue to have a problem syncing please send us your PDASyncLog.txt file from C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro

I reinstalled the new version of LBP, but the same problem occured. When I went to the Hotsync options, and clicked on Backup, the only options are "Backup" and "Do nothing", there is no place that says Handheld overrides desktop. I would provide a log file, but it doesn't get far enough to provide one. It still says my PDA is not registered. As per your reply, I tried to go to the Palm folder and move the backup files, but that folder doesn't exist in mine. Also, under my Logbook Pro folder, there is no PDAsynclog.txt, because as I said, it doesn't get far enough. Any other recommendations or is this just pilot error and I am doing it all wrong. Thanks.

The palm folder can be various names such as palm, palmOne, Handspring, etc. If there is no Backup then use "System". Make sure you're using APDL v6.0.4, the latest as listed on our web site. If you require further assistance please submit a support ticket including your name and registration codes for Logbook Pro and APDL.

Back