Maintaining Column Order

SentryIP

Neal,

I've added two columns to my logbook: Pt 01 PIC and Pt 61 PIC. To make data entry easier, I'd like to keep the 'Pt 01 PIC' and 'Pt 61 PIC' to the right of the 'PIC' column, ie, 'PIC - Pt 01 PIC - Pt 61 PIC'. Each time I open my logbook, the columns appear as 'Pt 01 PIC - PIC - Pt 61 PIC' and I have to drag and drop the Pt 01 PIC to the right of the PIC column. Is there a way to save it so I don't have to do this each time? Thanks.
/forums/emoticons/cool.gif

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

It should be saving! Drag and drop the column location, then close the spreadsheet style log, then close Logbook Pro. Reopen and see if it's saving the location. Try something else though, after you reorganize the columns, try changing the column width slightly. This will also tell Logbook Pro to capture/save the new layout, which might trigger what we need!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Tried what you said to do and it still didn't work. Anything else I can try? Thanks.

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

E-mail a backup of your logbook (File..Archive..Backup) to support@nc-software.com and I'll take a look. This is a low priority issue and the fix, if found, probably won't come out until the Pocket PC Companion is done, which should be the next maintenance update to Logbook Pro, which is a few months out. But, I will see if I can figure out why it's not working and get it resolved.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

SentryIP,

Can you double-check to ensure you have 1.7.41? I'm reviewing the code now and not seeing just yet why this is not working. I did make a change from .40 to .41 to more reliably capture the layout so I just want to make sure you are using build 41. Click Help...About or notice the version on the startup screen.

Thanks!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I'd also like to make sure the Filter toolbar is NOT showing. And as a second test, I'd like you to rearrange the columns in the Cert/Ratings/History area and see if those are remembering the new locations.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your suggestions and still no luck. I have version 1.7.41 installed. I emailed my backup to you. Take care and fly safe.

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

NC Software said:
Cert/Ratings/History not saving the layout either?
Neal,

Yes, the Certificates/Ratings/History work as advertised and are saving the layout. Thanks. Have a great weekend (of course, every weekend is a good weekend! /forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif ). Fly safe.

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

SentryIP said:
Neal,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your suggestions and still no luck. I have version 1.7.41 installed. I emailed my backup to you. Take care and fly safe.

Still haven't received your .BAK file. Please send it when you get a chance.

Thanks!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I received a backup file but not sure if it's from you. Are your initials ACA?

Secondly, is your computer using United States settings or a different country settings?

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

Yup, that's me /forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif . I have my date set to YYYY-MM-DD to make data entry easier since I'm entering information from several years ago. All else is standard US settings. Take care.

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

SentryIP,

I loaded your data file and it shows the proper layout as you described.

Try looking for any files ending in .GRD and CUT them and PASTE them somewhere else, i.e. C:\Temp to get them out of the C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro directory and see if that does anything.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I recently upgraded to version 1.7.41 and am having the same problem with 2 of my custom columns. I drag them to the position I want them, exit the program, and they return to the default position. I have tried the suggestions mentioned above with no luck. Otherwise this program rocks!

Has anyone else had this problem with 1.7.50? Are you able to rearrange columns, close the spreadsheet style log, reopen it and the arrangement be like you left it? Please let me know if this is an isolated incident or everyone continues to have this problem.

Thanks!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

It happens no matter what I try. I have arranged the columns the way I wish, close the spreadsheet and/or closed the program and it moves the columns around on its own. Sometimes they are moved to even different places then it had done previous. Let me know if you want me to email you my logbook file to check it out.

Thanks,
Wayland

Wayland,

Yeah, go ahead and create a backup and mail it to support@nc-software.com and I'll take a look. This is making NO sense, but I'll get the can of raid out and take a look.

Do me a favor, look in your C:\Program Files\Logbook Pro folder and delete ALL files ending in .GRD and then crank up Logbook Pro and try the procedure again.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Neal,

I tried the procedure you outlined in the previous post and I'm having the same problem. I move the columns in the order I want and close the program. When I open my logbook again, the columns are in different order. Take care.

FLY SAFE
SentryIP

Back