Maintaining Column Order

Neal,

I have fixed my column order issue for the time being and have come up with what I think could be part of the problem. A while back I had deleted (purged) a custom created column from the options menu. This created a blank column which was located inbetween the other various cloumns in that same options menu. When I deleted all the custom columns and then re-typed them so there was no gap, it all seemed to behave itself much better. Now when I drag a column across the spredsheet view of the log book it remains.

Hope that helps!

P.S. - What a pain re-tying all that crap!:)

I unfortunately don't think this is related, just a coincidence. If you want to test this issue, try rearranging columns in the Certificates/Ratings/History area as they don't offer custom columns, however the layout saving/loading is the same logic. If they work and the Spreadsheet Style log do not, that will help me isolate the issue, but I think you may see it not work in all four areas if it's not working at all.

Let me know if anyone can narrow down this issue, but I will look at recoding the layout engine altogether, attempting to increase the reliability of this issue that keeps rearing it's ugly head!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back