Question Making this work on wine (linux)

seabird

Hi everyone,

like my LBP I want to test if I can get this running in wine. Could you tell me the dependencies it has so I can try to start troubleshooting? .net? etc

So has anybody gotten LBP to run on Linux/Ubuntu/WIne? Even if Routes don't work (is that all Delphi is used for), does everything else work?

Yes, LBP runs just fine under wine.

Check this post here

I saw that original post but it's from about 10 years ago, and the last post in that thread didn't sound like 'just fine' to me.

And the last thing posted was that reports didn't work and hope you had it fixed by now (a year ago).

So what's the latest? Do people run LBP under Linux now?

I have been running LBP under linux for the last 10 years. I never really use the reports so cant really comment on it. Just tried a few now and they seem to work as far as I can tell.

Just give it a spin, document the process and let everybody know if it worked. During the initial process booting from commandline will give you the best info if anything is crashing/missing.

I have been running LBP under linux for the last 10 years. I never really use the reports so cant really comment on it. Just tried a few now and they seem to work as far as I can tell.

Just give it a spin, document the process and let everybody know if it worked. During the initial process booting from commandline will give you the best info if anything is crashing/missing.
Willco. I'm looking at getting a Starlink laptop and cutting over to Linux now that my primary apps all run on Linux (gnucash, Thunderbird, Firefox, LibreOffice, emacs, and hopefully LBP).

This is pretty much what I did 10+ years ago. But my requirement was to have LBP work.

You will love it for sure.

Running Linux mint on a 2018 Huawei matebook x pro. HDPI required a bit more fiddling but very happy with it.

If you need I will look at what I did for hdpi

I may take you up on that, thanks! A bit of leadtime on Starlinks so it might be awhile. I don't like to fiddle, I like to just have it work.

I started into the wine swamp finally, and pretty much immediately got stuck, was wondering if you'd correspond directly with me (I didn't see a way to send a PM in this forum) so we don't clog up the forum. I'll keep notes on what we do to make it work to create a howto if we get it working. How's that sound?

I've followed what you did 10 years ago, but apparently lots has changed. I got to the point where it's trying to install .NET V4 and it sits there for hours, probably hung. Ideas?
-paul@kinzelman.com

My current install (make sure it's 32 bit)

Code:
me@matebook:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/me/.wine32" winetricks list-installed
Executing mkdir -p /home/me
Using winetricks 20200412 - sha256sum:  with wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1) and WINEARCH=win32
art2kmin
msls31
riched20
riched30
mfc42
msmask
msvcirt
vcrun6sp6
vcrun6
wsh57
mdac28
mdac27
jet40
w_workaround_wine_bug-14980
w_workaround_wine_bug-34803
remove_mono
winxp
w_workaround_wine_bug-42170
w_workaround_wine_bug-42170
remove_mono
remove_mono
winxp
dotnet40
remove_mono
dotnet48
oleaut32
remove_mono
fontfix
dotnet20

I don't know what to do with that list. What I need or will create with your help is a howto, the steps you took to get there. That's what new people need to get it working. If you're willing, I think PM would work better: paul@kinzelman.com

Back