Manually inputting reserve assignments

SJensen

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but every time I try to manually input a reserve assignment it ends up a day later than I intended. For example, this morning I tried to enter my reserve assignment for today, but after I hit save it showed up on tomorrow's date. I had to delete that trip and add the reserve on the 8th to get it to show up today.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

We have seen this before. I suspect it is the date of your times entered is sequencing when you enter those times.

We have a system in place that automatically sequences the date of times entered such as duty or OOOI times that prevents you from needing to adjust the date manually when those times cross midnight (local or Zulu) most of the time. Sometimes of course this doesn't work to your advantage and you experience it changing to the wrong date as you have. I believe this usually happens when the reserve time begins very early in the morning or late at night.

Check the date of the reserve times before saving and see if that's the issue.

The reserve I've been entering is from 0400 to 1600 local, 0900z to 2100z, so either way it should only be on one date. What is even more strange, even though I entered yesterday's reserve on the 8th so it shows properly on the schedule page of APDL on the 9th, I got a notification this morning, the 10th, that I'm legal for my reserve assignment today. Problem is, I don't have a reserve assignment today in APDL.

Its like it somehow remembers the original assignment I put in on the 9th that showed up on the 10th, that I then deleted.

I'm not sure what to do with all of this.

The issue with your reserve time is the automatic date rollover. Look closely when you are entering your RAP times. Notice as soon as you enter the first 0 for the RAP begin time, the date sequences to the next date. In this case you must correct the date before saving the RAP time and everything will work correctly.

I'm not sure if we can adjust anything to address this issue without affecting the auto date selection when entering OOOI times past midnight. I'll make a report and we will see if something can be done

Back