New PDA

airmorgan

I just purchased a new palm treo 700 and would like to transfer my APDL from the old palm to my new treo. How do I go about doing this? I think I have to send you something but I don't know what it is... nor do
I know where to send it. Thanks for your help.

AirMorgan

I did what the article said but I now have the "Trial" version on my new PDA. I was using a fully licensed version on my old pda. How to I unlock it from the trial version? Do I use the old code I got before (a year ago)?

I was hoping it would transfer everything over but it asking me to select a domicile and logbook time zone. It's like I'm starting all over.

Thanks again. Your help is appreciated.

AirMorgan

You know what... I think maybe it IS the licensed version. After setting the time zones (Exactly the way they were on my previous pda) it does show all my data and all the cities I need in the airport list. I also checked the "About" section and it does show registered to me. Thanks for the help. I'll give it a whirl and be in touch if I have any probs. Keep up the good work.

AirMorgan

Hello,

Please see this KB article for assistance with your inquiry.

I read this article and I unfortunately can not do what is suggested. This is what I am trying to do.

First I have a license code for Palm, Pocket PC and Logbook Pro ( yes I am a very good customer). I started with a palm device in 2002 (i think) then I transferred to a Pocket PC and that is what I am using currently and it works fine and imports into LBP perfectly. I bought the LBP program long after I stopped using the PALM device and this is where my Question begins: I bought a PALM device for this purpose only to import the 2001 Palm data into the LBP. SO now the QUESTION:

HOW do I get the data from the PALM folders into my PALM device so that I can import into LBP. There is NO data in the PALM device to back up and I do not have the device I was using 5 years ago. I did however save the APDL files from the PALM device but it does not contain a BACKUP files as I never backed it up I only synced it to the software on my PC at the time. Can I do what I am trying to do... I can email you a ZIP of what I have if you could help me figure out how to import the data into LBP I would be forever grateful!!!!!

You can send .PDB files to a Palm OS device using Palm's Install (or QuickInstall) utility, part of Palm Desktop software.

I looked through all the PALM APDL files and I could not find any file with a .PDB ext. could you tell me what folder is the default for that file extension?

Last edited:
I looked through all the PALM APDL files and I could not find any file with a .PDB ext. could you tell me what folder is the default for that file extension?

I just found the files, how do I quick install. I am unfamiliar with PALM and havenot used it for 5 years. There are a bunch of them.. I mean a bunch. Do I copy and paste them somewhere? I know this is remedial but I sure do appreciate all your help..

Back