Resolved Options do not work!

stevengoff

Went to get on logbook pro to help a buddy out with a question he had about the options field and found out mine didn't work anymore. When I click on the options icon; NOTHING happens. I have reloaded the program, rebooted my computer and tried every other way of getting to the options with no luck. I saw some posts with some people having the same problem but none seem to have a solution. Anyone have any ideas? I will freak out if I have to reload all of this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your data is unaffected, it's something not registered properly in your OS. Please download this file, unzip it, double-click the .bat file within and it will prompt you a dozen or so times, then see if it works again.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

OK, now the analyzer doesn't work either. Everything else appears to work properly except for Options and now the Analyzer as well. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Something is going south on your computer I hate to say! Has any other application been installed recently? Try the post I made above and see if it corrects itself. Another option is to go to the Add/Remove programs area of your computer, click the Change or Uninstall option, it should prompt you with Modify, Repair, Remove, choose the REPAIR option if it exists, otherwise close the dialog.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Sorry Neal, didn't see that you had replied. I downloaded the file, unzipped it and double clicked on the .bat file. The screen flashed for a second and that was it. I has not prompted me to do anything. Options and analyzer still do not work.

XP Professional. My Logbook Pro is 1.9.7. Just got it aweek or soago. Iscanned forviruses and found nothing. Haven't downloaded anything strange lately. Wierd huh?

Neal, I turned EVERYTHING (spyware, ect.) off. When I double click the bat file it flashes what looks like a DOS screen for a half second and that is it. I am unable to tell what it says because it flashes so fast. Additionally, I tried the repair option in control panel and add remove programs as you suggested. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Open Notepad. Within Notepad, open the .bat file. Copy the first line, paste it into the Start...Run dialog and press OK. Does it say 'succeeded'?

If so, as painful as it sounds (and will be), do this for each line in that .bat file.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal,
No it does not say succeeded. If I paste the entire first line as shown below, it says windows cannot open this file. If I only paste: c:\windows\system32\actbar2.ocx it says: 'you are trying to open an active control file, click 'open with' or cancel'. When I press 'open with' it says: 'windows cannot open this file do you want to; use the web service to find the appropriate program? OR select the program from the list'. I chose select a program from the list and opened it with notepad and it displayed a bunch of code. Never saw a 'succeeded' confirmation. Any ideas? Is this an XP thing? By the way, thanks for taking time out to help me, I really appreciate it!!!

c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\actbar2.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\AePopup6.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ar2pro2.dll
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\arview2.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dcube.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\dXEditrs.dll
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\lbRepts.dll
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\olch2x7.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\SizerOne.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\SmartUI2.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ssad3d30.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ssdw3a32.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\ssdw3b32.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\sstran30.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\SSTree.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\vsflex7l.ocx
c:\windows\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\XceedZip.dll

Try this.

In each line of the .bat file remove the first c:\windows so it just says:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\....

If that doesn't work, try changing:

c:\windows\regsvr32 to c:\windows\system32\regsvr32

I may have typed it wrong, sorry!

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

YOU THE MAN!!!!!
That worked perfectly. Options and analyzer are now working properly. Thank you so much for your help. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and best to you and your family.

Well, over 10 years after this thread, I'm now having the same problem. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Hello JJ,

Try going to the Windows Control Panel / User Accounts area and turn off User Account Control (UAC) then reinstall with a reboot between the uninstall and reinstall and see if that resolves it.

Hello JJ,

Try going to the Windows Control Panel / User Accounts area and turn off User Account Control (UAC) then reinstall with a reboot between the uninstall and reinstall and see if that resolves it.

Neal, thank you for the quick response. You solved it! Thank you! I have had so many darn problems because of the at darn UAC. Ugh!

Back