Palm v1.1 error

dittopilot

Neal:

I installed LBP v1.8 as soon as I got the e-mail and then installed Palm Comp 1.1 immediately thereafter. Thank you for putting in the scroll up/down for the aircraft!

I've entered a few flights since and noticed an error. Without inputting IN/OUT or Takeoff/Landing times but directly inputting the time of flight, I noticed that after saving the data the auto-input times as well as the inputted time of flight disappeared, but any manually inputted times remained (those additional columns tapped in). Out of curiosity I hot-synched the data and restarted LBP and viola, the times made it in correctly. Ie the only problem is reviewing the data on the Palm Companion after saving the flight.

Thanks,

Chris Parks

To make sure I understand.

You entered information, such as a Duration. Upon doing so, autofill entered other fields such as Solo, PIC, etc. You saved the data.

Upon hitting the save icon, the fields that got auto-entered went blank?

After HotSync'ing, Logbook Pro (PC) showed the autofilled times with values?

If you go to the next record then back, does the Palm Companion show values in the fields that got autofilled?

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Sounds like the game is afoot, but to ensure you've been answered... Yes, it happens pretty much like you've summarized. And no, after entering the data (you don't have to save, I just discovered, just leave the Flt Time window) in the Palm those times we've talked about never reappear in the Palm but will show up in LBP after hotsynching.

HTH

Chris Parks

I'm working it right now! Darn the luck! I am clicking my heels three times and wishing for 'perfect' software, some day, just once!!! Always something, isn't it???

I hope to post 1.11 to this thread tonight! I'm not resting until this sucker is fixed!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Heh heh! You do great work, Neal, and I know exactly how you feel. I recently created brand-new checklists for my school's Katanas, went through many reviews and drafts, laminated and bound several copies, and within a day found three errors. /forums/emoticons/rolleyes.gif Sigh.

Chris Parks

Okay, here is version 1.1.1. Test, verify, if you give the thumbs up, I'll post it as the public release.

download.logbookpro.com/palm111updt.zip

Unzip, double-click the .PRC file. It will then go to your HotSync manager for install on the next hotsync. This is the application file only, so your data will remain.

Ohyagavey! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks for finding this, but next time, keep it to yourself so I can get some sleep! LOL!!!

Happy Holidays to all! Yes, I'm in a great mood for finally releasing the Pocket PC Companion! It's only six months late!!!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Success, Neal.

I've put it through the paces, and it seems to be doing great!

Hope I've caught you before nail #5. Sorry for not replying a little sooner, but in an unrelated incident I had to restart my computer. Gotta love Windows.

Thanks for your super-fast response! I sure do hate half-fast work.

Chris Parks

If you downloaded prior to 2130 Eastern, redownload and install! There was yet another rodent found, the History events drop down was showing two of each event! It's fixed, 1.1.1 on the site now has the fix for this too! /forums/emoticons/redface.gif

Calling it a day! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I did, so I will.

Sorry, found one more bug /forums/emoticons/nuts.gif

Within any of the Palm Data Entry or Reports if you select Menu you will see View and Help displayed twice at the top, ie:

VIEW HELP VIEW HELP

except for Logbook, which I think the second HELP is hidden off screen, ie:

VIEW EDIT TOOLS HELP VIEW

I TRIED to hold it in, but I just can't keep a secret. /forums/emoticons/dgrin.gif

Nighty nite!

Chris Parks

Wait-a-minute, that's what you were trying to say, wasn't it? I guess I need to go to sleep to. /forums/emoticons/homer.gif 'DOH!'

Chris Parks

Okay, here is 1.1.2, good catch!!!

download.logbookpro.com/palm112updt.zip

I also put this inside the palm111updt.zip file on the servers so if anyone downloads the 1.1.1 update after this post they will also get the 1.1.2 fix.

Thanks for the sharp eye! Keep up the great work!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back