PDA Wizard...Issues Syncing

Abe Frohman

I just upgraded to LBP v1.10.18. I sync with APDL on Palm OS. I did a full data sync (all months) and have several issues:
1. Some months don't sync at all (in particular, Oct, Nov, Dec of 2003)
2. Some days don't sync
3. Some flights within a given day don't sync
4. An extra digit is being added to the end of some flight numbers
5. A letter (A, B, C, etc) is being added to the end of trip numbers

These are HUGE issues!

Is this a known bug or is it being worked on?

I uninstalled 1.10.18 and went back to 1.9.9. I did a full data sync of all APDL data using SingleSync and everything is back to normal. I'm sticking to 1.9.9 for now.

Neal,

Since I did the release upgrade, when I sync (by leg), nothing comes over into LBP from APDL. It appears that the sync wizard is running, but no data is imported into LBP.

When I run the sync wizard again, it still populates the date to sync from with the old date as well.

Lemme know what I can do to help, I X'd out my last name in the sync log. That's the only change. Is there another log I can send you?
Justin

Attachments

• PDASyncLog.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 64
I'm having the same problem and want to go back to version 1.9.9 and SingleSync but I can't find where to download previous versions. Where did you find the previous version to download?

We have identified several issues with the PDA Wizard and we should have a patch update out sometime next week. We are still working with several users to ensure the issues are resolved. Some of the issues are:

1) PDA Wizard locks up / hangs during the sync process
2) Dates are not caught as the user has non-US date formats. Logbook Pro is not picking up International Date Formats properly. If you set your PC and PDA to M/d/yyyy (US standard formats) the issue will be resolved until the patch is made available.

Neal,

Neither one of those is my problem. I have the same issue as Abe in that the sync wizard missed three months of my time even though I know those three PDB files are on my computer. I really can't wait until next week because I need to print an accurate logbook this week for a checkride. I just want to go back to 1.9.9 and use SingleSync until they fix the problems but I can't find a link for older versions.

Please submit a support ticket and include your PDA Wizard Sync Log file. We do have an interim fix available but can only provide it via the support ticket system. It also would be helpful to provide your PDA data so we can troubleshoot against it. The PDA Wizard shows where the data is coming from, i.e.:

C:\Program Files\palmOne\{Your Palm Username}\Backup.

Neal,

I did that a couple of hours ago but have not received a response yet. I didn't include the PDB files but I will do that now. Thanks!

Neal,

Will that update be available through the 'Check for Web Updates' link in the program or will the update have to be downloaded seperately?

When it moves to production, i.e. testing complete, it will be available in the Check Web for Updates. Keep in mind each application (Logbook Pro, APDL, Logbook Pro Pocket PC Companion) all have their own Check for Updates in the Start...Programs menu area so you can check each application. Logbook Pro will notify you at shut-down when it's available. You can also keep tabs on the Version Info page (check my signature block below) as desired. And lastly, I always post to the revision history forums when new builds are available, you can subscribe to those forums to get e-mailed when new posts are made.

Lot's of ways to learn about product updates, hope this made some sense!

I'm having the same problem and found out that, as stated herein, the backup file which is seemingly where the PDA Sync takes it's info from doesn't get updated. Only at the start of a new month does Hot sync create a new file for the month and leaves it unchanged afterwards probably due to the date imcompatibility issue stated below. Therefore, my interim fix is as follows:

Prior to doing a hot sync, delete the Airline-200606.PDB file (or which ever one you want to get updated), then Hot sync. which can be found at C:\Program Files\Palm\your name\Backup\AirlineLog-200606.PDB

Then run LB Pro and the PDA sync wizard should pick up the additional trips from this forced updated file.

Francos_duf

Right-click on the HotSync icon and choose Custom. Make sure the correct Palm username is selected. Select the SYSTEM item and make sure it is set to HANDHELD OVERWRITES DESKTOP (if not, click CHANGE and set it). If you do not see a SYSTEM item but do see a BACKUP item, set that to the same setting.

Hi Neal,

I've checked my Hot sync setup and it's exactly as you said, hence required no change.

I just tried a hot sync once again and I've still got the same problem. In essence, at the start of any month ever since I upgraded Logbook pro and did away with the stand-alone syngle sync, a new file gets created in my Palm backup folder which I understand is where the sync program gets it's info from. The problem though is, once that file is created, hot sync doesn't overwrite it with a new one as the month progresses. So I've learned to go and delete the file prior to syncing which forces the Hotsync program to recreate the airline log file, and then do the PDA sync and that of course works. Is this problem linked with the date format problem that I've read about earlier on ?

Thanks

Francos_Duf said:
Hi Neal,

I've checked my Hot sync setup and it's exactly as you said, hence required no change.

I just tried a hot sync once again and I've still got the same problem. In essence, at the start of any month ever since I upgraded Logbook pro and did away with the stand-alone syngle sync, a new file gets created in my Palm backup folder which I understand is where the sync program gets it's info from. The problem though is, once that file is created, hot sync doesn't overwrite it with a new one as the month progresses. So I've learned to go and delete the file prior to syncing which forces the Hotsync program to recreate the airline log file, and then do the PDA sync and that of course works. Is this problem linked with the date format problem that I've read about earlier on ?

Thanks
Hello,

I do not know the answer as to why the PDB file is not being overwritten, we will have to explore this situation and see if we can find a remedy. Please submit a support ticket to the APDL Support queue and we'll continue to investigate.

Thank you.

Hotsync-ing PDBs

This is the same issue (QCX-122559) I reported back in the middle of May. I had to switch back to 1.9.9 to resolve the problem. Hotsync v6.0.1 (latest version) works fine with the 1.9.9 version & Singlesync but will not update the existing PDB files under any 1.10.xx version.

Installed update but I identified the problem being that when I Hotsync the Palm, the airlinelog-200605.pdb is not being updated with an updated backup. I deleted the pdb from the backup and hotsync. The updated pdb is backed up at that time. Any updates to the APDL is not transferred during the backup afterwards. I have to delete the file again to backup the pdb

Back