Printing the Logbbok

328dude

Hey Neal:
First off, this program rocks!!!!!. I finally got everything totalized and it is just awesome how it all breaks down.
My question is, do I have to print out all the rows, (ex.Day/Night landiings) when I print it for my binder? I used to keep track of all those day and night landings but quit doing so a long time ago. It looks weird having night and day landings then it just quits. Anyway can delete that row? Then print it out.

My second question, does this logbook consitute as a official logbook or just something neat to have and keep your times straight. I mean, if I walk into a interview, will they need to see the hard copy and these printed sheets or is say the Jeppenson style logbbok ok? If you cant answer that then fine, I thought maybe someone else has asked you this question before.

Thanks again
Mike

328dude said:
Hey Neal:
First off, this program rocks!!!!!. I finally got everything totalized and it is just awesome how it all breaks down.
My question is, do I have to print out all the rows, (ex.Day/Night landiings) when I print it for my binder? I used to keep track of all those day and night landings but quit doing so a long time ago. It looks weird having night and day landings then it just quits. Anyway can delete that row? Then print it out.

I certainly like to hear those words! Thanks for the enthusiasm, makes all the hard work worth it. As for the printing, you cannot selectively delete rows for printing via the report engine system, i.e. the Jeppesen style report. There are several options:

<ul>
[[*]]Date Filter the Report - You can choose to print only the data from within a date range, therefore the option of not printing older data, but that would throw your totals off, probably not the preferred option.
[[*]]Create a Custom Report Template - By creating a custom Jeppesen Style template, you can choose to hide the landing columns by putting other data into those columns, subsequently covering up the missing data. Again, probably not the preferred option. You can also customize the Spreadsheet Style layout, then use a Standard Style report which matches the layout of the Spreadsheet Layout.
[[*]]Print Directly from the Spreadsheet Log - You can print directly from the Spreadsheet Style log, which also allows you to select a range of rows (using SHIFT + CLICK for contiguous or CTRL + CLICK for non-contiguous). Not going to be as pretty as the Jeppesen layout, but the only real option to selectively print.
[[*]]Correct your Logbook for the missing info - This is the hardest but most legal and best way to really go about this. Yeah, I know you didn't want to hear this! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif
[/list]

My second question, does this logbook consitute as a official logbook or just something neat to have and keep your times straight. I mean, if I walk into a interview, will they need to see the hard copy and these printed sheets or is say the Jeppenson style logbbok ok? If you cant answer that then fine, I thought maybe someone else has asked you this question before.

Thanks again
Mike

Well, the legal bit first, as you know NC Software does not in any way hold liability for FAA/FAR's or any other type of rules that may govern your logbook requirements. With that said, and any other legal mumbojumbo that may fall under this, many Logbook Pro users have walked right into their interviews with nothing but Logbook Pro printouts, some even were hired on the spot! Well, I wish I could say it was Logbook Pro, but I think the data in the records probably had something to do with the hiring! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif The bottom line is, if the logbook pages are signed in the certification block, it is just the same as a paper log (manual method). Interviewers actually like the fact that they can see the numbers add up correctly, trust in the software and like that you took the extra step to make the data presentable and care for your numbers adding up!

Check out the percentages report. This is also handy for interviews as it shows percents of items to the total time / counts. One that often is asked is the percent of night to total and instrument to total, and of course cross country.

This is all conjecture, it's up to the person, date, time, moon setting, etc. for the interview. Good luck, and report back that you got the job!

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back