Question on legality issue

keith.yingling

I'm really putting this program through the ringer today thanks to Philly. Look at these two screenshots and tell me why I'm having a legality issue. It shows me dutying off after my return to hate. But there's still that deadhead after it. Isn't that part of my FDP? I'm confused......

dac5a0fe48c7d02d70c1cbd2f4aab104.jpg

2e010a14eaaf82f6bca6dc6f88dc802f.jpg

Deadheads after flying are not part of an FDP. They ARE duty. Your APDL times are correct. Duty off is at 1825 which is 15 minutes after the deadhead ends. Your FDP ends at block in of the last flight which is the return to gate segment at 1456 (shown in MCI time).

The rest error is a split duty error. Make sure you haven't selected one of your legs to 117 split duty.

Deadheads after flying are not part of an FDP. They ARE duty. Your APDL times are correct. Duty off is at 1825 which is 15 minutes after the deadhead ends. Your FDP ends at block in of the last flight which is the return to gate segment at 1456 (shown in MCI time).

The rest error is a split duty error. Make sure you haven't selected one of your legs to 117 split duty.

They're all set to automatic. What should I be selecting them to?

Automatic should do it but if automatic can't figure it out for some reason it will revert to your default regulation set in settings/regulations. Hopefully that is set to 117 unaugmented.

To test it, you could set all legs to 117 unaugmented and see if the legality issue goes away.

The issue was with the scheduled times. At republic a return to gate you only get paid for the amount of time you're off the gate. So the app was crediting me the original scheduled block time of the leg. For some reason this also messed up the rest period and made a split duty. When I changed the scheduled times to the actual times (they matched) everything worked itself out

Keith, on that gate return, you did enter out and in times? I'm experimenting on my app to see if I can recreate.

Yes I did. But for the scheduled times I had entered the scheduled times of the flight I was supposed to do. So APDL gave me pay credit for the scheduled times and for some reason the scheduled times also created that spilt duty issue. When I changed the scheduled times to the actual times (21 minutes of block) both issues were resolved

I just plugged your flights into my iPhone and have no legality issues. I have only done one gate return and upon reviewing mine I still have my original scheduled times and then I just entered the actuals.

Not sure what the issue was. But as soon I manually changed the schedule times to the actual ones it resolved the issue. I had even changed all the legs on the trip to 117 unaugmented. Not sure why the split duty issue came up

My issue with RTG was the auto OOOI put flight times into the rtg segment because the next leg went with the same flight number. I had to fake the flight number and fake the scheduled times for the rtg to work correctly.

Last edited:
Back