Requests

d_ocho

1) Autofill, even when importing from for example excel.
2) If you print out for example Jeppesen style logbook on the first page de 'AMT. FORWARD' filled out from all the previous records. mine is at this time blanked out. So after three pages printing the 'TOTAL TO DATE' is the total from the three printed pages.
3)Importing Day and Night Landings from Excel does not give you Day and Night Landings in the logbook. You have to manual fill those in manual after importing.

I don't know if these are already implemented in LogbookPro but I can not fix it.
Thank you.

(Edited for more requests)</font>

d_ocho said:
2) If you print out for example Jeppesen style logbook on the first page de 'AMT. FORWARD' filled out from all the previous records. mine is at this time blanked out. So after three pages printing the 'TOTAL TO DATE' is the total from the three printed pages.

When you begin a report, whether it's ALL DATA or a date filter, Logbook Pro does not know of anything prior to the first entry, therefore nothing is forwarded, it begins with that first page of output. This is by design.

d_ocho said:
3)Importing Day and Night Landings from Excel does not give you Day and Night Landings in the logbook. You have to manual fill those in manual after importing.

If you set the Excel 'source' columns to target the Day Landings and Night Landings column then the landing will import. If you have done this, please e-mail support@nc-software.com your excel file and we'll take a look at it.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

NC Software said:
When you begin a report, whether it's ALL DATA or a date filter, Logbook Pro does not know of anything prior to the first entry, therefore nothing is forwarded, it begins with that first page of output. This is by design.

So the only way to print anyway and get the good forwards is by selecting the whole logbook and then only print the last pages???

If you set the Excel 'source' columns to target the Day Landings and Night Landings column then the landing will import. If you have done this, please e-mail support@nc-software.com your excel file and we'll take a look at it.

Been there, done that.
The source file is an tab deliminated txt file wich I imported.
After setting the day and night landings and importing them I still had to fill them in by hand.

Yes to 1st Part.

2nd Part, zip your excel data file and e-mail it to support@nc-software.com so I can take a look.

And I'm assuming you are using 1.8.8, the latest build.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I looked at your file and haven't tried it yet, but I think I know what may be the issue. In your column header 'Ldg. Day' take out the period. The titles should only be text and numbers. It may be causing the problem. Not sure, give that a try, the import shouldn't be a problem.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

NC Software said:
I looked at your file and haven't tried it yet, but I think I know what may be the issue. In your column header 'Ldg. Day' take out the period. The titles should only be text and numbers. It may be causing the problem. Not sure, give that a try, the import shouldn't be a problem.

I tried it that way but before I started I was already afraid this would not work.
Why? Because the first row I told the program, during the import wizard, are just headers and I think that will tell the program these are not to be imported.

It's official, it's a bug! Good catch. It has been fixed and will be available with the next maintenance release which I'll get out in the next couple of weeks.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Thank you. /forums/emoticons/smile.gif
Any chance of you looking into that autofill thing, or is this normal.
It will autofill when you fill in the logbook normaly but not when you import a file.

For example:
If I fly an airplane that is S/E, Complex and Hight Performance and has a Turbine.
I have to make in my excel form al these columns: S/E. Complex,High Performance and Turbine while with normal autofill it would fill these in automatically.

Thank you.

Let me say first that this is already taken care of, now let me explain:

Those particular columns are aircraft specific items that do not require logging in Logbook Pro. Why? It's a computer program it can do the work for us! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif When you go to Options...Aircraft, even after an import process where new Types are introduced, and fill out the information completely, i.e. Category, Class, Complex, etc., Logbook Pro now knows everything it needs to provide you the times mentioned. Let's take for example an entry for a C-152. When you log a flight in the C-152, you enter your basic information, Date, Type (152), Ident, Route, and Duration. Logbook Pro, smart as it is, goes okay, I have 1.0 hours in the C-152 so I can look back at the Options...Aircraft configuration and see that the C-152 is Airplane Single-Engine Land, etc. and automatically figure out those times for you. That's why Logbook Pro does not require you to log this information when entering a flight, it already knows that information simply by you selecting the aircraft type, C-152. When you produce a report such as the Jeppesen Standard, MGOent series, or the custom templates, it creates these columns for you, take a look. Also, take a look at the Analyzer and you'll see the columns there as well. In fact, if you want a live demo, take a look at the videos in the December newsletter, or on the main page at www.logbookpro.com and you can see the Analyzer in action, and that these columns are visible.

Now, what is Autofill? Autofill is what you manually configure, in Options...Autofill and this is your existing columns in the Flight Log area. When you enter a Duration value, you are telling Logbook Pro to automatically enter this value in the selected columns, including the custom columns created.

So, long story longer, when you perform an import, and you THEN go to Options...Aircraft AFTER your import, and completely configure this section, Logbook Pro has no propogated the data per your request.

Hope this helps (HTH)

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

Back