Retrieving APDL Info

ccarter06

I was running LGP with APDL/Palm on my laptop when I had it sent off to have the screen fixed. Instead of fixing it, they destroyed my laptop and gave me a new one. The need laptop is using Vista 64-bit which won't hotsync through USB and my Palm Z22 doesn't support bluetooth. I need to get my APDL onto my laptop. Is there any way to retrieve this information?

Hello,

The only way to get data from APDL to Logbook Pro is via the PDA Sync system. I suggest making sure you have the latest Palm Desktop software installed that is Vista compatible and also consider disabling User Account Control in the Windows Control Panel User Accounts area and see if that helps you.

Turning off UAC did not help. I have the latest software versions. The problem is apparently somewhere with palm not developing software/drivers for the 64-bit version of Vista. There are forums that talk about some success with the infrared port on the Palm Z22, but this laptop doesn't have an IR port. As of right now, I can't even do the initial setup hotsync, the PC doesn't recognize the Palm, and can't find drivers for it. I have a mac. Is there anyway to sync my palm to the mac, and then manually transfer the files to my PC and get Logbook Pro to find them?

We don't directly support MAC and Logbook Pro requires Windows. If you have a Windows emulator such as VMWare Fusion, Parallels, etc. that allows you to run Windows on your MAC then you can try that route. I'm not sure what else to offer you, hopefully you can find a solution for your configuration.

Back