Need Info Schedule Import

Neal,

Still not getting hotel phone numbers during import. I see the numbers when I use the toolkit viewing trip details. But no numbers are showing up in APDL when I look at the trip.

Now a different problem. Because of limitations of Safari and our antiquated crew access website I can only get the first three trips of the month using the toolkit. Biggest problem is I have to select calendar view and double click on the week I want to view. That doesn't work with Safari or Puffin or anything else I try.

So here is the problem. When using the online Schedule importer I have to make PDF files to then copy and paste into the Schedule importer. Now that is completely broken. And after looking at it something has changed with Adobe / PDF. When I open the PDF then copy and paste the data into the importer the data is all jumbled up. I get a message to try a different filter. So I tried a bunch. Nothing is working.

I got it to work last month by coping the info from the company website and then pasting in the importer. But now that's not working.

As we have discussed in past, I still need a way to work on the iPad and PC desktop. In the past I was able to use logbook pro via the schedule importer to get the detailed in my calendar info that APDL would not provide. Last month that went away also. I was going to use this month as a test before jumping on the forum. I also need a way to copy the trip data to outlook (using Schedule Importer .ics files) and now that Google has taken calendar sync away and I can't find a solution for that either.

The rocks are now boulders and I'm in the middle.

Carlton

Carlton,

For the phone number issue please send me your trip data so I can investigate the issue.

For toolkit work, remember you can always do the former paste & process either in the app by tapping the + on the top right of Schedule/Calendar views or just go to APDL.net directly from your PC and get your trip data imported.

For calendar sync, APDL will sync to your calendar, have you not tried that? You can turn it on in Settings > Calendar and also to control what goes to your calendar is set in the Payroll item configurations.

Neal,

Yup, I knew I can sync from APDL to my calendar on my iPad. Its different from the desktop. Apple (via Google) and Outlook (no more Google sync). I have tried to use the calendar sync on APDL but it doesn't show the detail I have been accustomed to when I look on my Android phone (Pilot names and employee numbers, report times, flight numbers, hotel phone numbers...). When I do use the APDL sync I get a link on my calendar to APDL that doesn't work on the phone.

The problem that cropped up today was when I was on the APDL.net importer. I make .PDF files from the print option on our website, open them, copy the data, and paste. I will send you the PDF to match what I was trying to do and what the paste looks like in APDL.net.

On the iPad I can only capture 3 to 4 trips with the toolkit or the importer using the + in the calendar in APDL. The reason is our company website requires me to double click on company website calendar to open the trip to get details. That is very hard to do with Safari, Puffin, etc... browsers. I have tried several even Chrome with no success on that end.

Thus my problem is going across platforms. But, I was able to do this previously very easily just using APDL.net. I could use the .PDF option, paste in APDL.net, sync up all the months trips to APDL and LogbookPro (this how I used to get the calendar sync on the iPad with the detail I was wanting), make the .ics file and import into Outlook. But something has changed in the last 6 months that doesn't allow the process to work anymore.

The Toolkit is great. Its the best thing in importing only on the iPad (which is the design). Two steps and I'm done on the iPad using APDL. Its even better when I have scheduling changes. Desktop and detail Calendar not so much. If that data would stay on APDL.net then I think I could live with it. But it doesn't, at least I haven't seen it.

Ok here is the screen capture for the trip data. (everything I'm providing is for the same day)

IMG_0218.PNG

PDF

For some reason I cant attach. I will email you the PDF.

What the paste looks like in APDL. (It didn't used to look like this, I can't explain it or even talk to why)

1-FO **** * * * * *D*P* *S*t*a*t*u*s*:* *A*A*A* HERB TIME/SCHEDULED ***********************
Totals 1805 2425 2555 2110 P3135
C R E W O N T R I P
T r i p TLrAi2p D LAd2aDt edd a0t2eAd u0g21A6ug16;
0D2aAteug F l7i0g9ht LADSe p0a7r2t0 MCAIr r1i0v0e0 70E0q L 2B4l0k Gr3n5d Blk FDP(#1 Duty C3r2e0d 02Aug 709 MRCpIt 01062305 BRNlAs 11220300 7L/00O 125 22232200 405 540(2 610 510600M P720 <<Sheraton Music City Hotel 1-615-885-2200 Trans #Hotel Shuttle>>
Contact Time : CA: FO:
0033AAuugg 1158236 BFLNAL 11140205 BFLNAL 11362305 770000 221200 3355 ((34 225700 0033AAuugg 55114616 BTNPAA 11790300 BTNPAA 12182405 770000 114505 144055 ((56 220100 <<Sheraton MusiRcp tC i1t0y5 0HotRells 12-165105-88L5/-O2200 Trans #1H3o0t5el8 0S5hu1t0t3l0e>> 1100 930 P1395
Contact Time : CA: FO:
0044AAuugg 574622 BMCNAI 11141255 LMACIX 11370305 770000 132305 13155 ((78 138900 04Aug 2179 LRApXt 11081505 LRAlSs 11991400 700 100 0 555 815(9 845 161800 P1020
#1 FPOos 0G1roup LO abel 7I8D 902 6S7e6n 1 BNAaImLeEY CARLTON **INTL*

Thanks for your help and don't get me wrong. APDL is a great program. Its saved my butt a couple of times. This is just an annoyance, or I am. :)

One other thing to throw out there. I have noticed in my payroll tab that total credit and TAFB for the month are always the same. But the interesting thing is the $ are correct with in $100. So as and example, my trip for this month is 97 TFP, the total credit and TAFB shows 265+35. Which is correct for TAFB. And the gross income is only $100 lower than it should be. Something is working right but not displaying correctly.

Let me know if you need anything.

Carlton

Carlton, do you not have the Crewweb app on your iPad for accessing your schedule on CWA? A standalone app to access your schedule, and ability to double click on trips. I use it to import tryouts into APDL. I double click on a trip, long press somewhere within the trip, drag the handles out to highlight the whole page, and copy/paste it into APDL from within the calendar portion.

CrewWeb by Brainbag Software LLC
https://appsto.re/us/0gIwx.i

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do have Crewweb loaded but have not had a lot of success importing trips. I have asked the developer to add a send button so we can use the toolkit. I'll try again.

thanks

Thanks,

I have had had problems using Crewweb in the past. Today it worked good. If I can get my calendars to sync up life would be good. :)

It sounds like you got it working by now, but I'll mention how I do it from Crewweb on my iPad just in case it is helpful. I have not had any problems for quite a while doing it my way...

- Pull up the trip, and long press anywhere in the middle of the trip

35a94643f242edeeddbb4fab51d7d3aa.png

- Grab one of the handles and drag it towards the bottom until it becomes a box with a dot on each side. Sometimes you have to keep dragging until it does this.

b08b815d2d6642aae5d39a678bae3942.png

- Drag the bottom dot ALL the way to the bottom, and it should highlight the entire trip, including the header. Tap once in the center of the highlighted portion, and "copy" option should appear all the way at the top. Tap on "copy"

ed3fa2bf54eae54dab4587ff2a9b31d9.png

From here, I go into the Calendar screen in APDL and tap on the "+" at the top right and select "Paste and process trip." If done correctly, the next screen should contain all of the text from your recently copied trip. Somewhat of a hassle, but at least it can be done from the comfort of your iPad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back