Scrolling

hokiepilot

I have a TREO 700W with Windows Mobile 5.0.

Is their a way to setup the screen so that you do not have to scroll up/down and left/right to enter data. Maybe some sort of setting on the phone where you can adjust screen size of font size??? It can be annoying having to scroll back and forth when entering data. When I pull into the gate, I want to make a quick entry and be done. Any insights would be great. Thanks.
Bryan

Hello Bryan,

APDL is designed for standard Pocket PC resolutions 320x240 and the VGA (higher res) equivalent. Microsoft came out with two new resolutions, one of which the Treo 700w uses called the "square" screen (240x240) and another the Motorola Q uses, which is more of a landscape orientation. APDL will run on the "square" screen of the 700w but you will get scrollbars, as you pointed out, but there is no way to adjust the resolution or fonts on these devices to correct this, that I am aware of. I do not know at this time if APDL v7, when that time comes, will resolve this or not. Essentially, we have a lot of data to present to you to record a logbook entry, designing the layout is key. Unfortunately, the current layout was designed pre-square screen days, so we'll approach this design issue with our next version, again, when that time comes, which we do not have any dates to offer at this time.

I just installed the APDL on my new Treo 700wx from Sprint. Well ... I can't get all of my legs to show up!! It doesn't request any popup's as well to ask for timezone settings on the airports either like my old pocket pc did. Anything on this? Thank you.

Back