Seamless MGOEnt Duplex Printing (Please!)

jetlinks

I promise I won't mention this again! The single most important upgrade in 2.x (or a 1.x add-in!) would be seamless duplex printing to MGOEnt format!

Neal, you are the best, and I am LBP's biggest fan, but you are selling the MGO Binders ($89.99) and the MGO Paper ($21.99) as an enhancement your great software, and still we have to buy a third party 'patch' ($39.95) to make duplex printing (kinda) work. It is a hassle at best, and a nightmare at worst! ( I have spent countless hours trying to get LBP to duplex print correctly). Currently I have $151.93 towards a printing solution that will not work seamlessly without a lot of work, if at all. IMOHO, this is certainly not up to the standards set by NC Software.

A duplex print fix would be most welcome in the next release. Alternately, if the fix is not in the works, I have some cold beer and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos waiting by the computer if you are available for some in-home 1.x MGOEnt print support. <s>

Regards,

Ed

JetLinks.net, The Business Aviation Virtual Community!

Hi Ed,

I knew my headache was going away, it's back! /forums/emoticons/smile.gif The duplex printing issue is printer dependant, and all the tests I've run, both laser and inkjet, I haven't run across these problems. It is admittedly the most complex issue at hand with wide reports and the lack of a good report engine to handle this from the developer side.

I know this may not be a viable answer, especially with you detailing the pricing, but if you invest a duplex laser printer, such as the HP LaserJet 2200D (I have this) it works fantastic. Yeah, it's not exactly a $39.95 solution, but I can vouch it works perfect here!

Which printer are you using btw?

I hear you, I hear you Ed! My cheaper recommendation, and I use this too, is the Full Sized binder from MGOent. It's a very nice leather binder and you can print ALL full sized reports from Logbook Pro as it holds 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

A lot of time will be spent on this issue in version 2, however, with the various printers in the world, I'm not promising anything at this time, it's a very tough nut to crack!

What flavor were those Doritos? /forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

I'm with Ed. I just purchased the MGO Ent logbook & paper and have been fooling around with Fineprint for hours without success. I can't get the odd pages on the left, while avoiding printing over the pre punched holes and having all the text right side up. While the program is fantastic in every other respect, getting a nice printed logbook out of the program is unneccessarily complicated, if at all possible. Please straighten it out in version 2.

Regards,

Billy

Billy,

I don't know that it's never going to be seamless as printers are so different and getting a layout exact to your printer is going to take minor adjustments in layout and margin settings.

I would not be printing on the purchased paper until you have run tests on regular paper first to ensure the layout is correct. Be sure you adjust margin settings as required to adjust the layout to fit the target printable area for your output.

What printer are you using?

From what I understand, FinePrint 5 is much more effective in controlling the output.
</div>

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Back