Simulator time Question

Express00

When inputing a Simulator into the Aircraft portion of the logbook you are asked to input the CATEGORY, CLASS, AIRCRAFT CLASIFICATION, AND CHARACTERISTIC (POWER).

When i input this information, it in return adds all the time in that perticular simulator into my grand total for CATEGORY, CLASS, and so on.. I just want my sim time to go down as sim time.. It's not counted as my total aircraft time!!! Nor is it counted as my SEL or MEL time.. ITS SIM time.. (unless of course it is a level D certified sim) Then i would be OK with loging it in the CATEGORY AND CLASS ECT....

Is there a way to fix??

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

Logbook Pro should not be counting this towards total time unless there is a Duration value entered.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Neal,

I just tried it again.. I have about 11 hours in an AST-300 (old multi-engine simulator). For the AST-300 I changed the:

CATEGORY to read AIRPLANE
CLASS to read MULTIENGINE LAND
AIRCRAFT CHARACTERISTICS to read NORMAL
POWER CHARACTERISTICS to read PISTON

And ater doing all this i ran an AIRCRAFT CONFIGURATION TIME SUMMARY REPORT. It changed my:

TOTAL AIRPLANE time up 11 hours
TOTAL MULTIENGINE LAND time up 11 hours
TOTAL NORMAL AIRCRAFT time up 11 hours (sim time down 11 hours)
TOTAL PISTON time up 11 hours..

The only way i can get it to work properly is to place SIM into each one of the CATEGORY, CLASS, CHARACTERISTICS ECT... Don't mind doing it this way but then when i print out an AIRCRAFT CONFIGURATION TIME SUMMARY REPORT, SIM shows up in each one of those spots..

Also went and checked to make sure no time was inputed in the Duration spot for the simulator and there wasn't.. There is just time in the Sim column for those entry's.

Randy

The AST-300 is a its own separate type.. There isn't even an airplane out there that is called an AST-300... I just want it so that those totals don't come up in any spot except SIM.. Why is logbook pro adding the time to my total AIRPLANE time and total MULTIENGINE time.??

It should just be going down towards my SIM time not anything else..

The only way it doesn't add to my total AIRPLANE time and total MULTIENGINE time ect.. is if i place SIM in all the columns to the right of the TYPE.. This just doesn't seem like the proper fix.. I should be able to label it as an Airplane, multiengine land, piston.. And not have it add to those columns because i am not putting a figure in the total duration spot.. I am just putting a figure in the SIM time spot...

Thanks again...

Randy

I believe that if you select aircraft configurations such as you are, they are going to count towards those category and classes. You may want to leave it unselected or select 'none' where available, which I think is the FAR correct setting where available in the current drop downs.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

First off thanks soo much for your help.... I think we have narowed my options down and maybe this is something that should be addressed in Version 2

In conclusion if you select NONE in the CLASS then when you print the report it lists under CLASS your hours as NONE.. Just doesn't look right, and...

If you leave it blank then in the report it lists the hours and doesn't tell you what they are for.. For example

NORMAL 3500
SIM 250
AEROBATIC 25

And if you put NONE then it replaces the blank spot above with NONE.. Just doesn't look right to me..

I will just continue on with having all the columns labeled as SIM even though i don't feel this is the proper way for this to be..

Thanks again for your time...

Randy

Back