single sync wish

gonzo

i wish:

that instead of only the option of 'sync logbook data on or after:'. there was an option to check off to only synch new data. one option is to have the date automatically change to the day of the last sync. this way if something happens to your APDL data, you dont accidentally overwrite your data on your pc with some bad data.

thanks

I second this wish, major pain to have to change the date every time.

Better yet, have Single Sync compare the last modified date/time of ADPL enteries with the last modified date/time of Logbook Pro enteries and only update the ones that are newer than Logbook Pro. It could even go both directions and have Logbook Pro update ADPL if the Logbook Pro entry is newer.

Last edited:
I agree also. If I don't go in and change the 'sync logbook data after' date in single sync, I lose all the flight numbers and remarks on previous flights entered in logbook pro before the sync date.

I would love to see APDL be able to transfer flight numbers and remarks over to logbook pro. I know you have been working on this issue for some time. Any progress?

I love Logbook Pro and APDL, but having to change settings in single sync every week, as well as manually entering flight numbers and remarks for every leg I fly in logbook pro, is getting a little tiresome.

Thanks.

I have been using Logbook Pro for a few years and APDL for about a year. I am just starting to try to sync up my APDL data in to my logbook.

I tried a test import, and flight numbers did not come over. Is it true that flight numbers aren't imported and people have to manually add them?!

generaltso said:
Is it true that flight numbers aren't imported and people have to manually add them?!
Yes it's true. And worse yet, if you don't update the 'sync after date' in Single Sync it will delete the flight numbers that you entered on previous flights when you sync the the next time.

I really wish someone would get back to us on what might be in the works to fix these problems.

Darrin said:
I really wish someone would get back to us on what might be in the works to fix these problems.

Thank you for the oustanding feedback, and we read all of it. Realize this forum is for you to post "wish list" items and do not require a response from our staff. If you have an issue that requires a response, please post your inquiries to the Support forum above.

Thanks again. We are doing our best to accommodate every wish.

Flight Numbers are not imported in the current version of APDL SingleSync.
We are expanding the "Custom Field" options in LogbookPro to add this
feature in the future.

Also, anytime you change APDL data in Logbook Pro you need update your "Sync on or after date" in APDL SingleSync to prevent overwriting data in a future sync.

Fly Safe!

Paul Auman
APDL Development Team
NC Software, Inc.

Paul Auman said:
Also, anytime you change APDL data in Logbook Pro you need update your "Sync on or after date" in APDL SingleSync to prevent overwriting data in a future sync.

My wish is for this to not be required. I hope that it is at the top of the list of enhancements.

Paul Auman said:

we understand that. the point of the wish is to make it so you dont have to do it manually. we would like an option to have it remember the date of the last synch and synch only data since that last date.

Back