So let me get this right

brianh1771

So am I understanding this correct.

I pay $130 for Logbook Pro and then I have to pay an addtional $30 to make it sync to my Treo 600? Is this correct or did I read the product page wrong?

Hello,

This depends on which product you purchased. Can you please provide the details of your order number and items purchased?

The PC products, such as Logbook Pro Standard Edition (69.95), Professional Ediiton (99.95), and Enterprise Edition (149.95) do not include the PDA companion licenses. These are simply for the PC functionality. The PDA 'software' is included with the PC installation so you can install the PDA products for evaluation, however, PDA Companions must be licensed for $29.95 per device to sync with the PC product.

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

Regards,

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I have not purchased anything yet! I am researching your product and I find it hard to believe that you want to charge an extra $30 for the PDA sync. I would think that you would sell your top of the line product with all features active. I am a pilot for a major airline and would like to use the systems that you provide, but I dont like it when a product is put on the market and it really is not a full product. I was about to hit the order button and I saw that the PDA protion was not part of the program and I stopped. So If I want to get all features to work on my laptop and Treo 600 I have to by your Enterprise Edition (top of the line program for $149) and then pay an additional ($30) for it to work on my Palm powered Treo?

No, that is incorrect. All you need, for one pilot, one computer, is the Logbook Pro Standard Edition + the PDA Companion, so $69.95 + $29.95. If you use two computers for one pilot logbook, then the Professional Edition is what you would require. The Enterprise Edition at $149.95 is for FBO's, corporations, schools, etc. where multiple pilots use one computer, Logbook Pro allows unlimited pilots/logbooks.

So again, for a sole aviator, one computer (PC), you would only require the Standard Edition + PDA Companion.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

I do not find the link for the version of sotware you are recommending. Is there a trial version that I can see what it does? And what is the Airline Pilot's Daily Aviation Logbok for your PDA I found on the site http://www.airlinelogbook.net/? Is it the same program as your PDA Companion? Help me out here with some info!

Click here fora break down of Logbook Pro PC and PDA Companions. No, Airline Pilot's Daily Aviation Logbook (APDL) is developed by Auman Software LLC and is not the same as Logbook Pro's PDA Companions. APDL is specifically for FAR 121 regulation use and Auman Software supports the sync'ing of data from their PDA's to Logbook Pro. We are a reseller of APDL only.

Let me know if there are any other questions I may assist with.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

BJH,

I would hold off on the PDA part of LBP. The PC version is great piece of software but the PDA version is not that user friendly. You can not enter part of a flight then go back and enter the rest of it. It is also a bit of a pain to change from menu to menu to enter flight data. It will be a good thing to have once the folks at NC Software do a bit of work on it. LBP for the PC is top notch and you will like it. For not just get yourself a spreadsheet program for your PDA and just import your flights into LBP when you get home from your trips. You can also save a import templet to make it easy.

Hello,

The PDA Companions to Logbook Pro emulate that of the PC product. I recommend evaluating the PDA software and see how easy it is to use. You certainly can edit a flight at any time. Enter the flight data with the minimum requirements of Date, Type, Ident, Route, and Duration (or Sim) and then save the entry. At any later time, just navigate using the < > buttons at the bottom and edit the entry, then again, click save. It's that simple. We've had no complaints and in fact many people prefer the PDA Companions because they are simple, fast and easily sync to the PC version upon return from flying.

NCSoftwareSignature.gif

Hey,

This is what I'm talking about I can't enter the duration if I have not finished the leg yet. Going back all the time is a pain in the butt. Let me tell what myself as a Continental Airline pilot and all the people I work with fill in flight data. As we close the door to the aircraft and release the break so we get an out time from the ACARS we fill that out time in our logbook (right now I use a spreadsheet even though I have the PDA software for LBP) Then when we get to the gate and get an in time we fill out that, we also then fill out IMC, Approaches, Landings and switching from page to page is slow and cumbersome. No offence intended, but if you could have a spreadsheet style layout for the PDA stuff it would be 10 times better. Filling in our flights this way is just part of the flow we use and it makes the most sense because if late bags or a late passenger has to get put on the plane then the ACARS resets the time and we get paid from the first block out time plus our block time counts from the first block out time and we can not get the first block out time if the ACARS resets.

NC Software said...
Hello,

The PDA Companions to Logbook Pro emulate that of the PC product. I recommend evaluating the PDA software and see how easy it is to use. You certainly can edit a flight at any time. Enter the flight data with the minimum requirements of Date, Type, Ident, Route, and Duration (or Sim) and then save the entry. At any later time, just navigate using the < > buttons at the bottom and edit the entry, then again, click save. It's that simple. We've had no complaints and in fact many people prefer the PDA Companions because they are simple, fast and easily sync to the PC version upon return from flying.

Back