Subscription Questions

PilotFlying

Hi Neal,

Two quick questions about the new subscription service:

(1) As a v1.0.6 user, I am currently using the complimentary 1-year universal sync subscription; in the future, I will likely subscribe to the simpler device sync, as that will suit my needs. If purchasing a device sync subscription renewal on an existing universal sync subscription, will there still be a seamless transition seeing as they are two different plans?

(2) Also, do you plan to add the option to automatically renew your subscription upon expiry based on a stored credit card number?

Cheers,

Chris

:cool:

Chris,

At the end of a subscription you can renew with any available subscription at that time. For example, as your Universal Sync expires you can certainly choose the less expensive Device Sync subscription. There is no requirement to stay at the level you have now.

I don't store credit card information and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. While our e-commerce setup does allow it and we are PCI compliant and certified, it is just smarter to avoid unnecessary risk. As we move further down this path with subscriptions it may be something we do pursue in the future. But for now credit cards are not stored.

At the end of a subscription you can renew with any available subscription at that time. For example, as your Universal Sync expires you can certainly choose the less expensive Device Sync subscription. There is no requirement to stay at the level you have now.
So I have to let it expire first? What I'm wondering is if I purchase a device subscription, say, now, will it get added onto the end of my existing universal subscription and will the changeover be seamless?

I don't store credit card information and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. While our e-commerce setup does allow it and we are PCI compliant and certified, it is just smarter to avoid unnecessary risk. As we move further down this path with subscriptions it may be something we do pursue in the future. But for now credit cards are not stored.
OK.

Cheers,

Chris

No, if you purchase a subscription that is going to override your complimentary subscription. The only time when an expiration is extended from its current expiration is when you are NOT using the complimentary subscription. For example, if you had the trial subscription now and purchased a device subscription today, we add one year to the end of your trial subscription.

The only time when an expiration is extended from its current expiration is when you are NOT using the complimentary subscription.
That's good to know. I just about bought a renewal, and would have lost the complimentary subscription. The documentation led me to believe that a purchase will be automatically added to the end of your current subscription, which I took to include the complimentary one. I guess I understand correctly, but the complimentary subscription is an exception to the way it works. Good thing I checked!

Cheers,

Chris

If you do want to buy a subscription now I can adjust it manually. Just e-mail me at sales@nc-software.com if after your purchase it didn't update properly - it very well may!!! I'd have to review the code but it may in fact work as you desire. I haven't had this scenario yet. Purchase, then tap Sync on your V2 app and review the About area to see if it changed properly (note the info prior to purchase too).

It's not that important that I do it now. I was mostly just thinking about it to see how it works. I'll hold off and do it when my complimentary subscription expires.

Thanks!

Chris

Back