• Shop our Memorial Day Sale Event now through Monday May 27th midnight eastern (UTC-4) and take 15% off your order by applying coupon code MD19 at checkout. Visit nc-software.com to shop now. Renew subscriptions at any time as they will auto add based on your current expiration.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Switching between apps

dittopilot

I would like the Palm companion to not drop a new or amending flight if I want to suddenly switch to another program on my Handspring. Currently, when you have started a new record or are in the process of amending one and want to switch to another program, you must first save the entry or all work will be lost.

I have two problems with this. First, I have no other program on my PDA that I must first save the work before switching to another program, and as a result will sometimes tap to a different program than the Companion and all work is lost on that flight, which can be a bummer if I was in the process of putting information into the Remarks section (this is where I put the maneuvers I have taught my students). Second, if I am trying to use the Block In and Out to autocalc my flight time I'm screwed if I want to switch programs during that flight (which I do often to access BigClock, DSSCalc, AOPA eDirectory, and the current eFARs).

Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about the emergency. /forums/emoticons/bawling.gif I hope all goes well for you.

Chris Parks

Neal Culiner

Founder, President
Staff member
Chris,

I just got back, catching up, thanks for the kind words regarding the tragedy.

I will look into your reported issues and see what I can do to improve these items! Thank you for your time to point them out clearly.

Neal Culiner
NC Software, Inc.
support@nc-software.com

dittopilot

Neal:

One other point.

I would like to use my scroll buttons to move up/down when the scroll bar is shown on the screen. Trying to nail the skinny scroll arrows in a bouncing airplane can be sporting. Examples include selecting an aircraft type, checking currency, reviewing log stats.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Parks