SYNC Issue with APDL

flysmurf

I currently have LBP 1.10.19.

When I sync APDL to LBP, the aircraft type is logged as B-757-200 for all legs. When I enter the legs in APDL, I specifically input into the the aircraft TYPE field a B-767-300 with associated tail number.

When it imports into LBP, all fields are B-757-200.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Frank

Hello Frank,

APDL passes the Ident (N-Number) to Logbook Pro when syncing using the PDA Wizard. During a sync, Logbook Pro will take the incoming Ident and try to find it in your prior flights then pull the paired A/C Type and then use this type for the incoming record. If the incoming Ident cannot be found in Logbook Pro, the default A/C Type as set in the PDA Wizard is used.

Man you respond fast !!!!! Thanks.

So I will ask another question without looking for the solution first because it's getting late and I'm getting cross eyed.

Is there a way to enter these N-numbers into LBP with their associated aircraft type? It would take a long time and some digging to find the aircraft types and N-numbers for each aircraft in my company's fleet then enter them into LBP.

As a personal opinion, I would think it would be logical for LBP to pick up the aircraft type and N-number from APDL, for this is where the actual 'logging' is taking place (at least for me). It doesn't appear necessary to pre-emptively enter the aircraft type and N-number into LBP to accomodate a sync with APDL. LBP is now just a 'depository' to compile and crunch the data....APDL is where the data begins for those of us that obviously use APDL.

Thanks again, Frank

Hi Frank,

You would have to enter bogus entries in Logbook Pro with each Type to N-Number. Over time you will obviously have a bank of the correct data. We will continue to work hard to make the APDL to Logbook Pro process more seamless as time progresses. We've come a long way since acquiring APDL last June 1st and will continue our efforts to make things as easy as we can for you, our customer.

Neal, I hope you did not take that last post the wrong way. I am forever greatful for all of your help and all of the improvements you guys have made in the short time that I have been a customer. Keep up the great work! From a very appreciative customer, Frank

flysmurf said:
Man you respond fast !!!!! Thanks.

Is there a way to enter these N-numbers into LBP with their associated aircraft type? It would take a long time and some digging to find the aircraft types and N-numbers for each aircraft in my company's fleet then enter them into LBP.

Thanks again, Frank
I don't know if this would help you or not, but this is how I got LBP/APDL to sync the correct type-series a/c to tail number.

http://www.nc-software.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2242

Thanks for the info! I will give that a try when I can locate a complete list of tail numbers and aircraft type for my company. I am sure that there has to be one somewhere I can find.

Frank

With the recent update to Logbook pro, when I sync APDL the instrument time is now the same as my total time I flew for the day, not the actual instrument time. It was right before the new update.
Aimfar
Charles Thompson

aimfar said:
With the recent update to Logbook pro, when I sync APDL the instrument time is now the same as my total time I flew for the day, not the actual instrument time. It was right before the new update.
Aimfar
Charles Thompson
Charles, check your AutoFill settings for the A/C Type (Options...AutoFill in Logbook Pro).

Neal,
Thank you for the reply! I checked my autofill and there was a check for instrument time. I will find out on my next sync if that takes care of that problem. I thank you!

Charles

Back